Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR1000E FS/FT NEW BETTER PICS AND PRICE!

Fiorenza2

Hi folks,

I bought this as my second bass a year ago, but now I have a new Jazz, it's a bit redundant for my needs. Shame, as this is a quality instrument from Ibanez, and is in very good condition, although there are a couple of minor scratches if you look closely enough (I've shown the most obvious one in a picture below).

Specs:

1991 IBANEZ SDGR (Soundgear) SR1000E (SR1000)

BODY: ASH
NECK: 3Pc MAPLE
SCALE: 34"
FRETBOARD: EBONY
INLAY: DOT
BRIDGE
TAILPIECE: OMNI-ADJUST
HARDWARE: COSMO BLACK
PICKUP'S: PJ IBZ/USA C2,C2
CONTROL: 1VOL 1BALANCER
1 FEQ CONTROL
1 POWER CURVE SW
COLOUR: DB(DARK BLUE)

She's no lightweight (10.5lbs, which is mainly the reason I'm selling it, as I seem to have a really crappy back), in part thanks to the ash body, but has a massive sound and looks great.

I'm looking for [u][b]£[/b][/u][s]450[/s][u][b]400[/b][/u] (ono), and I'm preferring local pickup (SW London) over other options, but if you can supply a courier at your own cost, I don't mind at all.

As for trades, I'm looking for a 5 string now, preferably something like a Yamaha BB2005. The one thing I really don't want is heavy basses, so basically anything over 9lbs or thereabouts is not my cup of tea.

PS: The lower strap button is not original (it came with a non original Straplok type fitting), and I have currently fitted a chrome one. If you do come round, I've got a Laney RB2 30W combo you can try it through.

Thanks for reading,
Phil

[attachment=88560:IMG_0051_2.jpg]
[attachment=88561:IMG_0052_2.jpg]
[attachment=88562:IMG_0054.JPG]
[attachment=88563:IMG_0059.JPG]

Edited by Fiorenza2

hi phil, lovely bass mate, not seen one in painted finish like that before, i got a sr1304 back in 92` and it has made me only able to use these basses as the necks are so thin and fast and there is not much that touches them for playability. my current bass is a heavily modified sr1000 esm from around 2006-7 and i absolutely love it and doubt i will ever need another bass as it ticks all the boxes. good luck with the sale as these are criminally overlooked as a fantastic bass type bump. ad

[quote name='adledman' post='1258380' date='Jun 6 2011, 01:58 PM']hi phil, lovely bass mate, not seen one in painted finish like that before, i got a sr1304 back in 92` and it has made me only able to use these basses as the necks are so thin and fast and there is not much that touches them for playability. my current bass is a heavily modified sr1000 esm from around 2006-7 and i absolutely love it and doubt i will ever need another bass as it ticks all the boxes. good luck with the sale as these are criminally overlooked as a fantastic bass type bump. ad[/quote]

Cheers mate! Totally agree about the neck, it's ridiculously playable.

I've had the colour mentioned to be me before, which leads me to believe this may possibly be an import from Japan?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Great basses & if I had the money, I'd buy it & defret one of them.
I have an SR1000e that's been my main bass for 20 odd years now. Started life black & is now waxed ash.

I'm sure the SR is 9.5 lb (though I suppose after I stripped it, it lost a pound :) ).

All the best with the sale.

Hey guys,

The bass is still available, although the situation is a bit odd right now, as I'm at university, so I'm not too sure about the logistics of it all, especially if you'd like to try it out. Having said that, I'm am definitely sure something can be sorted out. As for pictures, more can be taken if you want!

Thanks for the comments xgsjx, the pictures of your SR1000E are incredible. I can't believe just how nice the wood looks, which makes you wonder why they bothered painting over it in the first place... :)

Cheers!
Phil

• 1 month later...