Why become a member? ×

Ex Norman Watt Roy '62 Fender J in Shoreline Gold

molan

[quote name='3V17C' post='1247056' date='May 27 2011, 01:37 PM']woah!! that would rule.. bet its pricey though... and totally ingrained with Norm's sweat!![/quote]

Until you stand next to Norman when he's playing [size=1][i](a privilege I had five months ago at the 100 Club due to people taking pity on my broken leg and crutches)[/i][/size] you really don't know what sweat is ...

[quote name='Highfox' post='1247147' date='May 27 2011, 02:33 PM']Makes me kinda sad to see he's selling it if I'm honest :) Wonder why? I know he's still pretty pissed off at getting next to no Clash royalties for his work with them :) Can't be skint can he?[/quote]
He needs it for the dentist bill.

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='1247180' date='May 27 2011, 02:57 PM']hmm to be its just a used bass.

Will it improve my playing... NO
Will I play like the last owner... NO
Will it be over priced just because some famous chap used it... YES

Im not knocking it...But its just a used bass and not that pretty either!![/quote]
You're obviously too young to have been touched by it's magic Steve. :)

For me, this bass is more iconic than any Jaco or Wooten original bass.

[quote name='Highfox' post='1247147' date='May 27 2011, 02:33 PM']Makes me kinda sad to see he's selling it if I'm honest :) Wonder why?

Can't be skint can he?[/quote]

I'd heard he was just using his Bass Collection 'Blockhead' Signature basses these days so maybe that's why?

It doesn't seem to be showing on the Bass Centre site any more but if you search for something like 'Bass Collection Blockhead' and then go to the 'cached' page rather than the main link you can see it's a direct copy of this original '62.

It was selling for about £2K I think

If only basses could talk... I think Norman has played that bass constantly for the last 30-odd years. Wonder why he's selling.

I think he used another one, maybe a Sunburst Precision A-neck for the late 70s Blockhead hits though. Hope he gets what he wants for it.

[quote name='EddyGlee' post='1247239' date='May 27 2011, 03:45 PM']hard to put a figure on it :)

any guesses .. ballpark figure of how much you think it'll sell for ?[/quote]

Probably the going rate for a 62 Jazz, whatever that is. Can't really see it's heritage increasing the price sadly. It's mainly done thousands of pub gigs hasn't it?

[quote name='molan' post='1247243' date='May 27 2011, 03:46 PM']I'd heard he was just using his Bass Collection 'Blockhead' Signature basses these days so maybe that's why?

It doesn't seem to be showing on the Bass Centre site any more but if you search for something like 'Bass Collection Blockhead' and then go to the 'cached' page rather than the main link you can see it's a direct copy of this original '62.

It was selling for about £2K I think[/quote]

Last three times I've seen him play with Wilko Johnson, he's been playing his Signature bass.

[quote name='bythesea' post='1247430' date='May 27 2011, 06:21 PM']Bit late here Barrie :) - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=135012"]link[/url]. Also explains why he is selling it.[/quote]

Just goes to show the power of imagery - previous thread got 12 posts and this one is now double that number :lol:

Must admit that I only found out about this yesterday when I got Andy's email :)