Why become a member? ×

Hofner Verithin Bass --SOLD--SOLD

2x18

[quote name='Fozza' post='1280533' date='Jun 24 2011, 09:10 AM']If I wasn't completely skint, I'd have this like a shot.

Have a bump.[/quote]
Thanks Fozza -- I think everybody is skint at the moment! --- But will possibly trade up for MM Sterling, Fender USA, Sandberg, Lakland or similar

Will.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Dad3353' post='1282012' date='Jun 25 2011, 11:49 AM']My problem is that I already have one, otherwise it would already be here. Someone is missing out on a great instrument here. Shame on us all... :)[/quote]

I totally agree. These are lovely basses and this really should have been snapped up by now!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I may be interested in this.
On paper it's what I want, but there doesn't seem to be anything out there as reference. No sound clips, no vids... I suspect that's the only reason this hasn't sold.
Is there any chance you could post a video on YouTube so I (everyone) could hear what it sounds like.

Cheers.

[quote name='Rhythm Shack' post='1311190' date='Jul 21 2011, 09:32 AM']Hi. I may be interested in this.
On paper it's what I want, but there doesn't seem to be anything out there as reference. No sound clips, no vids... I suspect that's the only reason this hasn't sold.
Is there any chance you could post a video on YouTube so I (everyone) could hear what it sounds like.

Cheers.[/quote]
Hi

I dont have the equipment or know how to do a video -- Us old guys cant even send a text message!

Its a typical Hofner sound, Think Paul MacCartney, 60s etc and I would say its much more versatile soundwise than the Epiphone Rivoli and Gibson EB2 --More on a par with the Starfire and Hagstrom Viking semi Acoustics ( I have had all of these -- Still have the Hagstrom. )

Anybody interested is more than welcome to come and try it out -- No obligation!

Anybody out there got any sound clips?

Will.

Will.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi
I posted recently about video or sound samples for this bass. I still can't find a thing on YouTube but did have a conversation with a shop owner who assures me it sounds very similar to the classic Hofner violin bass. Which is good, as that's just what I'm looking for...

I'm certainly interested in this bass but to be honest I'm a bit nervous about buying from a stranger (with all due respect). I usually buy from ebay because of the buyer protection, so this feels somewhat like a gamble to me. I hope you understand.

Here's a few things I'd like to know;
Do you have the original invoice?
Does the bass come with any warranty?
Is it in 100% good condition?
Has it had, or does it need a set up?
Is there a hard case?
Could you tell me how it would be packed?
Would you accept payment via PayPal?

I hope answering all these questions isn't too much trouble, I'm seriously interested and I'm ready to buy...

[quote name='Rhythm Shack' post='1325211' date='Aug 3 2011, 08:41 AM']Hi
I posted recently about video or sound samples for this bass. I still can't find a thing on YouTube but did have a conversation with a shop owner who assures me it sounds very similar to the classic Hofner violin bass. Which is good, as that's just what I'm looking for...

I'm certainly interested in this bass but to be honest I'm a bit nervous about buying from a stranger (with all due respect). I usually buy from ebay because of the buyer protection, so this feels somewhat like a gamble to me. I hope you understand.

Here's a few things I'd like to know;
Do you have the original invoice?
Does the bass come with any warranty?
Is it in 100% good condition?
Has it had, or does it need a set up?
Is there a hard case?
Could you tell me how it would be packed?
Would you accept payment via PayPal?

I hope answering all these questions isn't too much trouble, I'm seriously interested and I'm ready to buy...[/quote]

Hi David

I already answered these questions via PM in reply to the PM ( Same questions ) that you sent me Last Monday!
Check your Messages.

Will.

[quote name='Rhythm Shack' post='1325211' date='Aug 3 2011, 08:41 AM']......I'm certainly interested in this bass but to be honest I'm a bit nervous about buying from a stranger (with all due respect). I usually buy from ebay because of the buyer protection, so this feels somewhat like a gamble to me. I hope you understand.[/quote]

See [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=5606&hl=2X18"]Will's seller feedback[/url], he's definitely kosher!

Have a bump - coolest looking bass I've seen in a long time.
This is my favourite bass in F/S section - I keep coming back to look (drool) at it.
Can't justify another bass at the moment.... somebody please buy it & put me out of my misery! :)

Edited by nick

[quote name='nick' post='1329036' date='Aug 5 2011, 06:05 PM']See [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=5606&hl=2X18"]Will's seller feedback[/url], he's definitely kosher!

Have a bump - coolest looking bass I've seen in a long time.
This is my favourite bass in F/S section - I keep coming back to look (drool) at it.
Can't justify another bass at the moment.... somebody please buy it & put me out of my misery! :)[/quote]

Thanks Nick

It amazes me that this is not gone yet --Its like new!! -- Sign of the times unfortunately.

Will.

[quote name='2x18' post='1327363' date='Aug 4 2011, 04:44 PM']Hi David

I already answered these questions via PM in reply to the PM ( Same questions ) that you sent me Last Monday!
Check your Messages.

Will.[/quote]

My apologies for any misunderstandings.
It seems there was a PM but I received no notification of it (notification is enabled in my preferences, so I don't know why it didn't tell me...), so I didn't think you'd got back to me.
It also seems I didn't read the ad properly. Unfortunately I'm nowhere near Leeds, I'm in Leigh on Sea in Essex. So collection is not an option. If you're willing to consider posting it though, then please get in touch.
Thanks again.

[quote name='Luckybass' post='1343823' date='Aug 17 2011, 11:11 PM']Hello,
I'm from Italy, do you ship here? How mutch is shipping?

Thanks[/quote]
Hi

Sorry but I am not willing to ship this beauty!

Will.

[quote name='jwlkr' post='1244660' date='May 25 2011, 07:28 PM']haha have you ever seen the league of gentlemen..... yeah its like that.
and i think if i did buy this my gf would leave me for it.[/quote]

MB1. :)
The league of gentlemen?
isnt that a film about some ex army chaps planning to rob a bank? :)
BUMP!

Edited by MB1