Why become a member? ×

Where could I buy a kettle lead for an amp?

Clarky

We should all be careful of using the term "kettle lead" in case it's actually 'owned' by a kettle company. :)

The original 'portakabin' company is famously touchy about people using the term generically to describe any sort of portable, er, cabin and Private Eye had great fun with them a few years ago, and still do occasionally. [url="http://adammacqueen.blogspot.com/2007/09/portakabin.html"]http://adammacqueen.blogspot.com/2007/09/portakabin.html[/url]

Presumably "Hoover" has long since given up trying to stop their protected name being used generically, as in 'I hoover my floor with a Dyson'

If, as mentioned earlier, 99% of people call a 3-pin IEC cable a 'kettle lead' then it's a kettle lead, in exactly the same way that my Henry vacuum cleaner is a 'hoover'. That's the way language works. Yes, it's a pedant's dream, but who ever admired anyone for being pedantic?

Is it worth pointing out that almost everyone here refers to their "bass", which is stricly rather meaningless . . . . no, thought not. :)

Edited by flyfisher

[quote name='flyfisher' post='1244348' date='May 25 2011, 03:14 PM']Is it worth pointing out that almost everyone here refers to their "bass", which is stricly rather meaningless . . . . no, thought not. :)[/quote]

Well what else would we refer to our Bass Recorders as?
Wait? Is this not the right forum again?
Bugger... :)

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1245239' date='May 26 2011, 09:36 AM']Has anyone got any experience with Tea Bag-End cabs? I'm just wondering if the way the grille is perforated lets the tone flow out uninhibited...?[/quote]
Here is the Tea Bag-End official endorser, P(G)-Nutt

[attachment=80955:bass_pla..._621x600.jpg]

Edited by Clarky