Why become a member? ×

New stuff from Orange

NJW

Thought I'd give a heads up to those of you who like Orange gear.

Sources tell me they are working on a 500 watt solid state combo to fill a 'gap' in the bass amp market, coming in at around £300. To me, still not 'real' Orange gear but it's their first move into non-practise amp solid state gear.

[quote name='man_at_arms84' post='142734' date='Feb 18 2008, 08:52 PM']Sounds pretty cool.
And for those who like origional orange, I heard from matamp (the people that made the first orange amps) that they are working on their own reissue of matamp bass 200, 200watt all tube bass head. Again not quite orange, but still one to look out for.[/quote]

Ooooohh. Thats rather exciting. :)

Matamp used to say they wouldn't make bass amps again, I tried asking once, I did have them make me a guitar amp though (GTV-TC), sounded nice enough, but not really as good as I wanted, so didn't have it long, saw it on ebay not long ago. To tell the truth, was never really happy with the whole process, when I spoke to them, it was like they didn't want to answer any questions etc, even when I ordered they seemed reluctant and annoyed that I wanted to order.

But back to Orange, I have an orange guitar cab, and love it, it's amazing.

I really suspect if it's £300 quid and SS, it'll be like the Crush series and manufactured elsewhere.

Either way, good news really, as everyone knows (who're UK based) with Ashdown/TE/Marshall, dealing with a British manufacturer for replacement/repairs is rather good.

• 6 months later...

[quote name='man_at_arms84' post='142734' date='Feb 18 2008, 09:52 PM']I heard from matamp (the people that made the first orange amps) that they are working on their own reissue of matamp bass 200, 200watt all tube bass head. Again not quite orange, but still one to look out for.[/quote]

Not quite Orange but better. My guitarist has a '70s Matamp guitar head: 120 clean watts of pure sex.