Why become a member? ×

Which mainstream artist would you like to play for?

Musicman20

i can only answer this divided up into catagories-

fun basslines - probably jamiroquai now but given a time machine - 5 (slam dunk da funk)

sheer awesomity - foo fighters or dizzee rascal

girl pop - katy perry, rihanna or lady gaga are all fine choices; but i'd go for the saturdays- there's 5 saturdays to 1 of me and they're british

because i'm G - Xzibit

Although I like to be a busy player in my covers band I would live to play with a real great/ heroes of mine. I would knock out the roots on an old P and throw a bit f harmony vocal in.

Neil Young, Tom Petty, CSN would do.

On the other hand playing something fantastic and challenging would be good. A tour with Spocks Beard for this one :)

Nice thread.

KISS for the fun stage production/live shows and the 'babes'....
Journey for the amazing songs/harmonies and all round musicianship
The Doobie Brothers for the rock/soul/country/rnb crossover grooves, harmony vocals and great basslines

[quote name='chris_b' post='1241319' date='May 23 2011, 11:03 AM']Did you know that Crosby and Nash are touring the UK in October?[/quote]

Yes thanks,

but I have chose not to go. Stephen Stills is my big hero in CSN. I saw him solo 2/3 years ago and it is one of the best gigs I have ever been to. C&N have done some good stuff but Stillsy would have to be there for me.

Saying that I probably will pick up a ticket nearer the date. :)

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='1241343' date='May 23 2011, 11:24 AM']+1 but to be honest, you'd be playing for Trevor Horn if you were doing Seals best years.[/quote]

That's fine with me. Big fan of Trev. :)

If we were talking Bilbo's idea of mainstream then I'd like to play with John McLaughlin too. Or attempt to at least. :)

Edited by 4000

[quote name='4000' post='1241421' date='May 23 2011, 12:14 PM']If we were talking Bilbo's idea of mainstream then I'd like to play with John McLaughlin too. Or attempt to at least. :)[/quote]

If we were talking Bilbo's idea of mainstream then I'd be tempted to swap Rolf for Eliza Carthy.

Sorry Rolf.