Why become a member? ×

Feedback for dmccombe7

edster

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='edster' post='1240470' date='May 22 2011, 04:33 PM']Bought a 6 string bass from Dave. Really nice guy who was a pleasure to deal with. Deal with confidence :)[/quote]

Thanks Edster
Really nice comments
Just picked up on this feedback thing - didn't know it was there.

Hope the bass is ok and you're now an expert on 6 string.

Cheers
Dave

• 10 months later...

Dave has just done a 400 mile round trip to pick up what was my Berg HT322.
Decisive, did everything he said he would, supremely easy transaction.
Absolutely fabulous bloke, deal with confidence.
By the way, he is one Hell of a bass guitarist.
Enjoy Dave and my thanks,
Karl.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1333807178' post='1606771']
Dave has just done a 400 mile round trip to pick up what was my Berg HT322.
Decisive, did everything he said he would, supremely easy transaction.
Absolutely fabulous bloke, deal with confidence.
By the way, he is one Hell of a bass guitarist.
Enjoy Dave and my thanks,
Karl.
[/quote]

Thanks Karl,
Coming from someone with your background and knowledge of bass your comment is extremely flattering and cannot thank you and your wife enough for putting up with us this afternoon.
I'm off to leave feedback for yourself and thanks again. It was great meeting you and talking basses all afternoon.

All the very best
Dave

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Just met Dave a couple of hours ago. He drove through to meet me close to buy my Orange cab. I insisted he take £20 for fuel but he refused preferring to give it to my son who was sitting in the car :) (Which he says thanks for :D ). Sale went perfect. We chatted about amps for a bit afterwards. I can honestly say Dave is one of the nicest people I have met and I hope to meet him again. Enjoy the cab and thanks again Dave.

All the best Grant.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

It's clear that Dave is an asset to this forum...must agree with the comments above..

Sold Dave my Mesa MPulse 600. Just wish that I'd put it to more use since having it serviced...

Dave was a proper gent throughout, asking all the right questions and making the required payment in good time once everything was agreed.

All deals should be this straight forward.

No hesitation in trading again. Highly recommended.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I have just bought a Dingwall NG from Dave. We have arranged pickup in Glasgow to seal the deal. The communication was effective and clear. He was kind enough to wait for me as there's been some alterations to my journey due to adverse weather. The sale was quick and smooth. He's a pleasure to deal with and definitely a seller to recommend!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I recently purchased a used Gallien Krueger 1001RB-II head from Dave.  A huge THANK YOU to Dave, who did next day shipping on the head for me.  

The head is in pristine condition, included the original box (I like to keep those too), manual and some personal tips from him.  I really, really like the sound of this 1001RB... Sounds amazing together with the Warwick and GK 410 RBH cabinet.

I highly recommend Dave as a seller.  He's honest, patient and has excellent communication skills.  It's been a real pleasure!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tvickey said:

I recently purchased a used Gallien Krueger 1001RB-II head from Dave.  A huge THANK YOU to Dave, who did next day shipping on the head for me.  

The head is in pristine condition, included the original box (I like to keep those too), manual and some personal tips from him.  I really, really like the sound of this 1001RB... Sounds amazing together with the Warwick and GK 410 RBH cabinet.

I highly recommend Dave as a seller.  He's honest, patient and has excellent communication skills.  It's been a real pleasure!

Thanks Trevor it was a very easy transaction with you sir. Glad you like the amp and your new rig with that stunning new Warwick bass  i bet just sounds so awesome and full with lots of grinding edge. 

Very much appreciate the feedback.

Dave

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Completed a great buying experience with Dave today, culminating in a round trip to beautiful Biggar, his home in South Lanarkshire.

Communication prior to travelling was fantastic, a 40 minute phone call, several texts, including comprehensive photographs, written details, emails, measurements and even more photographs. Detailed route on how to find him - just in case the satnav played up 😆 - he pulled out all the stops to reassure me the trip was going to be worthwhile. It was 😉

Brilliant craic when we got there, he had even sanitised every flightcase  prior to our arrival. Brilliant 😊

Deal done at a safe distance with an absolute gent, deal with complete confidence, this guy is a first class Basschat seller and a credit to the BC community 👌🏼

Resist the starshaped Warwick Dave! 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BassTool said:

Resist the starshaped Warwick Dave! 😂😂😂

The force is not with me John. I shall have to stay with my Sandberg or my trusty old Geddy Jazz.

Thanks again and was good meeting you today. Great when a transaction works for both parties involve. Just sorry we were 2.5 hrs apart but you're retired now and have plenty of free time. :laugh1:

All the best

Dave

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

The force is not with me John. I shall have to stay with my Sandberg or my trusty old Geddy Jazz.

Thanks again and was good meeting you today. Great when a transaction works for both parties involve. Just sorry we were 2.5 hrs apart but you're retired now and have plenty of free time. :laugh1:

All the best

Dave

7 hour total round trip with craic, coffee, traffic, weather and bog stops Dave 😳😂😂

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

bought a cab off Dave tonight who is a really lovely gentleman, gave me the option of two heads and a wall of basses to test. Bonus points for the curious cat appearance.

Good craic talking about gear. Cab is in great condition as described, 10/10.

only downside ended up being roadworks on the way back!

• Like 1

Sorry about the roadworks Scott. I'm guessing that was around the Hamilton area. I had forgotten about that.

Glad you're happy with the cab and let me know how you get on with it when band gets back together again.

PS Cat still looking for you in Bass Cave 😂

Dave

• Haha 1