Why become a member? ×

New Ashdown 'Little Giant' Heads

Machines

so I purchased one used in the US...thumbs up from the band in rehearsal and it passed the test of the first gig (Grateful Dead cover band)...and for the price, where can you buy two 500 watt amps at the price point of the LG1000...I got mine for $475 US mint condition.

• 5 weeks later...

Right a quick question thinking of getting the lg1000 would it be fine to run both channels into two seperate 300watt 4ohmcabs and risk overdriving the cabs. Or is there a way of daisy chaining the cabs and only using one channel at 500 watts.

[quote name='steviedee' post='457049' date='Apr 8 2009, 08:07 AM']Right a quick question thinking of getting the lg1000 would it be fine to run both channels into two seperate 300watt 4ohmcabs and risk overdriving the cabs. Or is there a way of daisy chaining the cabs and only using one channel at 500 watts.[/quote]

If they are 4 ohms cabs then you will need to run one per channel as 4 ohms is the lowest you can go per channel. Im sure you will be fine and wont damage the cabs. just listen out for any wrong type of distortion.
Daisy chaining will give you 2 ohms. Not ideal.

Well just went in and tried the LH1000 the good points are the price, the size not tiny but small and it sounds great for the money, in the 30 mins I was messing about I was really impressed by the versatility and quality of sound.

The bad points are it looks a bit sh*tey, just the layout is a bit crazy and the posing pouch bloke, buttons are way cheap one actually fell off but is cheap, worst of all though was the tone shaping option which unless you were looking for the sound of a stylophone wasn't happening.... turns out the amp was broken.

However in saying that I still think I'm going to buy one because you just can't beat that price for a back up or a small form factor amp.

they are a good price so you cant expect top of the range knobs and controls i suppose.dont know why they didnt keep to their original blue colour would have looked better imo,and done away with the giant symbol!i thought it sounded good when i tryed it especially through superfly cabs.take a look on reverbs site they might be the cheapest.

[quote name='bassmansky' post='457624' date='Apr 8 2009, 05:25 PM']dont know why they didnt keep to their original blue colour would have looked better imo,and done away with the giant symbol[/quote]

Seems like they are trying to copy Markbass buy making things that look ugly.

IMHO of course.

Just purchased my Ashdown Little Giant 1000, £300 from reverb with an extra 10% off for Easter so £269 for 1000 watts of smallness, even with the sh*t buttons that is a bargain!

Here it is with my new cab (Cheers Pete)!

[attachment=23578:rig.jpg]

Edited by steviedee

[quote name='steviedee' post='459247' date='Apr 10 2009, 01:15 PM']Just purchased my Ashdown Little Giant 1000, £300 from reverb with an extra 10% off for Easter so £269 for 1000 watts of smallness, even with the sh*t buttons that is a bargain!

Here it is with my new cab (Cheers Pete)!

[attachment=23578:rig.jpg][/quote]
that is a bargain,enjoy!