Why become a member? ×

New Ashdown 'Little Giant' Heads

Machines

[quote name='phatbass787' post='204501' date='May 22 2008, 02:17 PM']Yup good idea, the superfly 48 cab does the same thing it has 2 x 4 ohm inputs, so full power into one little cab! So you can take one cab to the gig![/quote]
Perfectly logical, assuming that a 4x10 can actually make use of more than 500 watts. AFAIK none can. Most can't make use of more than 200 watts, so powering them with 500 is more than adequate. The number of cabs of any configuration that can make use of more than 500 watts can probably be counted on one's fingers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

[url="http://cgi.ebay.com/ASHDOWN-LITTLE-GIANT-350-WATT-LIGHTWEIGHT-BASS-AMP_W0QQitemZ220321268505QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116"]http://cgi.ebay.com/ASHDOWN-LITTLE-GIANT-3...p3286.m20.l1116[/url]

[url="http://cgi.ebay.com/ASHDOWN-LITTLE-GIANT-1000-WATT-LIGHTWEIGHT-BASS-AMP_W0QQitemZ220321268469QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116"]http://cgi.ebay.com/ASHDOWN-LITTLE-GIANT-1...p3286.m20.l1116[/url]

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='364615' date='Dec 28 2008, 09:18 AM']Soundslive.co.uk have 4 LG1000s in stock for £284 + £6 delivery. Some guy on Talkbass (an 11 year Ashdown endorser no less) reckons they sound like a cross between the ABM and Mark King signature series amps.

Anyone gonna buy one?[/quote]

That's not a lot of money for a powerful little amp! I hope they are reliable. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've just had a test run of the LG 350. Very impressed with the sound quality. My only moans are the quality of the little selector switches ie active/passive, eq in/out etc and the claimed output. It's rated at 350w at 4 ohms. The cab i tried it with, an Ashdown Mag 8x10 was rated at 4 ohms, so was expecting be blown away, but wasn't. Maybe my ears! The amp itself is about the the same size as a ream of A4 paper,and weighs about the same.... I have put a deposit down and hopefully pick it up on saturday. Stay tuned.
ps. In comparison to a MAG head, the sound is a lot more focused, and less woolly, reminds of the EVO amps a bit.

I received my LG1000 from Sounds Live last week but haven't had the chance to plug it in yet as it's too cold in the garage. I have a possible gig on Friday so I may well use it then.

Edited by obbm

[quote name='obbm' post='371306' date='Jan 5 2009, 07:50 PM']I received my LG1000 from Sounds Live last week but haven't had the chance to plug it in yet as it's too cold in the garage. I have a possible gig on Friday so I may well use it then.[/quote]
You kept that quiet :huh: Looking forward to hearing a review. Mighty tempted by these, but went for the LH500 instead due to availability, price and previous experience of the tonestack :)

[quote name='yorick' post='371300' date='Jan 5 2009, 07:43 PM']I've just had a test run of the LG 350. Very impressed with the sound quality. My only moans are the quality of the little selector switches ie active/passive, eq in/out etc and the claimed output. It's rated at 350w at 4 ohms. The cab i tried it with, an Ashdown Mag 8x10 was rated at 4 ohms, so was expecting be blown away, but wasn't. Maybe my ears! The amp itself is about the the same size as a ream of A4 paper,and weighs about the same.... I have put a deposit down and hopefully pick it up on saturday. Stay tuned.
ps. In comparison to a MAG head, the sound is a lot more focused, and less woolly, reminds of the EVO amps a bit.[/quote]
hopefully trying one out this weekend or next.

[quote name='obbm' post='371306' date='Jan 5 2009, 07:50 PM']I received my LG1000 from Sounds Live last week but haven't had the chance to plug it in yet as it's too cold in the garage. I have a possible gig on Friday so I may well use it then.[/quote]

Too cold to try it out?! Buy an electric heater from Argos, plug it in, AND START JAMMING MY MAN!!! :)

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='371431' date='Jan 5 2009, 09:29 PM']I'm buying a 350 in 2 weeks, will do a review.

Just to clarify I can run 1 8OHM cab from this right?[/quote]

Nice one, and yes you can. I beleive you will get around just under 2/3 of the max output (350watts) in to one 8 ohms cab.

[quote name='Merton' post='371318' date='Jan 5 2009, 08:04 PM']You kept that quiet :huh:[/quote]

I had an rethink on my half rack stack you saw when you came over. I thought about an F1 but it's too wide and three times the price. The LG1000 is under 1/2 rack wide so it fits the bill nicely and will drive each of my 1x12s. Physically it'll fit well with the dBX compressor and the wireless monitoring. What I need now is a half rack flight case.

If I'd have known that this was coming I'd have never have sold the UL310 and bought the NV610, I'd just have bought another UL310. :)

[quote name='obbm' post='371485' date='Jan 5 2009, 10:30 PM']If I'd have known that this was coming I'd have never have sold the UL310 and bought the NV610, I'd just have bought another UL310. :)[/quote]

Hehe. But nice to see the LG1000 fit the bill for your plans, will be a nice little rig!