Why become a member? ×

RUSH tonight

Thunderpaws

[quote name='Thunderpaws' post='1230876' date='May 14 2011, 12:23 PM']I think it is safe to say that Rush have assumed control....at £70 a ticket![/quote]
My pals & I have managed to resist the temptation to buy a ticket. We're going to feel crap on Saturday night when they're at The Newcastle Arena, but... crap happens.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1230893' date='May 14 2011, 12:42 PM']My pals & I have managed to resist the temptation to buy a ticket. We're going to feel crap on Saturday night when they're at The Newcastle Arena, but... crap happens.[/quote]

Hi Guys

Who seen Rush in Glasgow last night? What a fantastic concert. I thought Geddys sound was absolutley amazing. The whole thing was just a joy to watch and a pleasure to listen to.

A real inspiration and truly a great bunch of musicians.

Stuart

[quote name='deaky' post='1232471' date='May 15 2011, 09:33 PM']Hi Guys

Who seen Rush in Glasgow last night? What a fantastic concert. I thought Geddys sound was absolutley amazing. The whole thing was just a joy to watch and a pleasure to listen to.

A real inspiration and truly a great bunch of musicians.

Stuart[/quote]

Oh, what a night! It was great. Great set list (how good was Camera Eye?!) and how good was the set. The big spider light rig was scary! Geddy's sound was immense. Anyone else think it could have been louder overall? I'm sure they turned it up after break number one. What an encore. wow.

[quote name='Thunderpaws' post='1232485' date='May 15 2011, 09:46 PM']Oh, what a night! It was great. Great set list (how good was Camera Eye?!) and how good was the set. The big spider light rig was scary! Geddy's sound was immense. Anyone else think it could have been louder overall? I'm sure they turned it up after break number one. What an encore. wow.[/quote]

Aye I thought Geddys bass sounded louder in the second half (bring it on :) ).

I thought the sound was fab. How awesom was Alex and Neil too.

Camera eye was great :)

Fab night

[quote name='Thunderpaws' post='1232485' date='May 15 2011, 09:46 PM']Oh, what a night! It was great. Great set list (how good was Camera Eye?!) and how good was the set. The big spider light rig was scary! Geddy's sound was immense. Anyone else think it could have been louder overall? I'm sure they turned it up after break number one. What an encore. wow.[/quote]

It was indeed great :-)

Volume wise, I thought it was really loud! My ears were ringing afterwards. I suppose it depends on where you were in the audience.

Jennifer

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='1232502' date='May 15 2011, 10:03 PM']Greatest band in the world ever .... :)

Not missed them since Signals and seen them multi times on each tour.

What am Im going to do? Sit at home and pick my arse when Rush are up the road.[/quote]

does anyone know what gear Geddy actually uses for gigs? Does he use the Orange stuff that's listed in the gear bit on the Rush website? It is amazing how good they sound if he does DI into the PA. When I saw The Goo Goo Dolls and they DI'd the sound sucked...such a shame!

g