Why become a member? ×

Removing wheels?

Finbar

My Marshall VBC412 has some castors on the bottom of it which are all wonky and wobbly. I really want to take them off and replace with either some feet, or some sturdier wheels, as with the head on the cab, it is a little bit unstable and wobbly. When I say a little bit, I mean quite a lot!

How do I take these off easily though? They aren't the ones where the wheels pull out, like some Marshall cabs. Basically, you can't get to the screws properly because the wheel is in the way, but you can't remove the wheel because it is rivetted in. I'm short on power tools, so I can't really drill the rivets out :huh:

Cookie for a helpful suggestion :)

I'm using the cab sideways at the moment so it doesn't have to stand on the wheels o_O

My old VBC 4x12 had screw in castors, they should have a plastic thing that the metal base of the wheel sits on IIRC just grab the metal bit at the base of the cab and twist :) They might not be the same as what was on my cab though pics would help if its possable