Why become a member? ×

If you were wondering why I have been so quiet recently...

Grand Wazoo

[quote name='Raggy' post='1227984' date='May 11 2011, 08:24 PM']I did wonder!!!

How's the latest Squier coming on?[/quote]

in bits at the moment, waiting for the split Lindy Fralin to arrive from the US, everything else is fitted already (pots / wiring / bone nut / pegs / copper screaning)

Edited by Grand Wazoo

[quote name='Johnston' post='1228001' date='May 11 2011, 08:31 PM']I thought you were busy filling out insurance claim forms

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=131339&hl=grand+wazoo"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...;hl=grand+wazoo[/url][/quote]

I missed that one lol, but I was aware of that video, what happened there was, a process called jumbosizing, they take the ship to drydock and cut her in half, then fit a new mid section for the purpose of increasing the overall lentgh and basically increasing their cargo holds capacity, this lot mucked it up big time though, because when they had the new sections side by side and attempted to drag the fwd part in place it all went tits up.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1228093' date='May 11 2011, 09:47 PM']How many Dingwalls now?! Woah, nice collection. The PJ gets my vote....beautiful.[/quote]

It's still only 3, the natural Ash ABZ 5, the ABII in redwood and the P/J Super J.

The black Jazz J/J belongs to a friend of mine who is also a member of this forum but I don't know his username here, he is jonnyrok101 in the Dingwall forum, funny enough we found out we only live 2 miles away from each other in Greenwich,SE London so we got together for a nice Dingwall Matinee' with coffees, basses and amps, loads of fun!

[quote name='gub' post='1228249' date='May 11 2011, 11:24 PM']Have you got ocd? :)[/quote]

That's not nice gub, whoever you are, let me teach you a lesson of life, and that is that you don't overstep the mark, with that sort of jokes with people you don't know, those kind of jokes "might" be acceptable between known friends, but definatey not between strangers. So no, I haven't got ocd and your humour is not appreciated and well out of order.

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='1228306' date='May 12 2011, 12:40 AM']That's not nice gub, whoever you are, let me teach you a lesson of life, and that is that you don't overstep the mark, with that sort of jokes with people you don't know, those kind of jokes "might" be acceptable between known friends, but definatey not between strangers. So no, I haven't got ocd and your humour is not appreciated and well out of order.[/quote]
I thought we were all friends on here... you know by virtue of us all being brothers of the bass. :)

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='1228306' date='May 12 2011, 12:40 AM']That's not nice gub, whoever you are, let me teach you a lesson of life, and that is that you don't overstep the mark, with that sort of jokes with people you don't know, those kind of jokes "might" be acceptable between known friends, but definatey not between strangers. So no, I haven't got ocd and your humour is not appreciated and well out of order.[/quote]

I don't think any offense was intended.

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='1228306' date='May 11 2011, 11:40 PM']That's not nice gub, whoever you are, let me teach you a lesson of life, and that is that you don't overstep the mark, with that sort of jokes with people you don't know, those kind of jokes "might" be acceptable between known friends, but definatey not between strangers. So no, I haven't got ocd and your humour is not appreciated and well out of order.[/quote]
Although I actually agree with you GW, I would have been less... I'm struggling for the word.

I am sure no offense was intended. (for those that don't know) OCD is obsessive compulsive disorder, it can take many forms from crippling preoccupation with repetitive actions such as washing hands again and again (or a certain number of times) or violent or religious thoughts. Or maybe counting the number of paving stones in a walk or number of steps taken. Excessive neatness is also a symptom. Ruby wax told of how after stringently cleaning an already spotless house, her mother would get out a tape measure and set square and make sure all the furniture was in exactly the [i]right[/i] place: IE the TV had to be exactly 20 inches from the back wall and each side had to be the exact same distance from the side walls.

OCD can take many forms such as obsessive collecting, which i think was obviously (to me anyway) what was meant here. Many people have this in greater of lesser forms. I'm sure we have all marveled at pictures of rooms literally bursting with basses, often of the same type or even the same colour. Some may laugh it of as GAS when it really is a bit more serious and costs relationships to be ended.

Mild forms of OCD can pop up at any time often in times of Stress. such as constant coughing or clearing of ones throat. I used to do the latter myself. I was vaguely aware of doing it, but not until, someone i had only known a while told me it was getting on his nerves, did i realize anyone else had noticed it. Frankly I'm glad he said it, as I'm sure within a few weeks id stopped doing it.

I'm sure all that Gub meant was a mild dig at your number of same type of guitars, no offense intended.

Edited by daz

[quote name='daz' post='1228344' date='May 12 2011, 05:50 AM']I am sure no offense was intended. (for those that don't know) OCD is obsessive compulsive disorder, it can take many forms from crippling preoccupation with repetitive actions such as washing hands again and again (or a certain number of times) or violent or religious thoughts. Or maybe counting the number of paving stones in a walk or number of steps taken. Excessive neatness is also a symptom. Ruby wax told of how after stringently cleaning an already spotless house, her mother would get out a tape measure and set square and make sure all the furniture was in exactly the [i]right[/i] place: IE the TV had to be exactly 20 inches from the back wall and each side had to be the exact same distance from the side walls.

OCD can take many forms such as obsessive collecting, which i think was obviously (to me anyway) what was meant here. Many people have this in greater of lesser forms. I'm sure we have all marveled at pictures of rooms literally bursting with basses, often of the same type or even the same colour. Some may laugh it of as GAS when it really is a bit more serious and costs relationships to be ended.

Mild forms of OCD can pop up at any time often in times of Stress. such as constant coughing or clearing of ones throat. I used to do the latter myself. I was vaguely aware of doing it, but not until, someone i had only known a while told me it was getting on his nerves, did i realize anyone else had noticed it. Frankly I'm glad he said it, as I'm sure within a few weeks id stopped doing it.

I'm sure all that Gub meant was a mild dig at your number of same type of guitars, no offense intended.[/quote]
[quote name='daz' post='1228349' date='May 12 2011, 06:22 AM']I am sure no offence was intended. OCD is obsessive compulsive disorder, it can take many forms from crippling preocupation with repeptive actions such as washing hands again and again (or a certain number of times) or violent or religeous thoughts. Or maybe counting the numbver of paving stones in a walk or number of steps taken. Excessive neatness is also a symptom. Ruby wax told of how after stringently cleaning an already spotless house, her mother would get out a tape measure and set square and make sure all the funiture was in exactly the [i]right[/i] place: ie the TV had to be eactly 20 inches from the back wall and each side had to be the exact same distance from the side walls.

OCD can take many forms such as hording stuff or obsessive collecting, which i think was what was meant here. Many people have this in greater or lesser forms without even realizing it, or caring if they do realize. Im sure we have all marvelled at pictures of rooms litterally bursting with basses, often of the same type or even the same colour. Some may laugh it of as GAS when it really is a bit more serious and costs relationships to be ended. My own attic is crammed with litterally thousands of videos i will never watch (anyone see the Bob Monkhouse documentary last week ? The man was an obvious OCD sufferer, but still lived a happy and successful life) As for myself I have more books than the average mobile library van im sure.

Mild forms of OCD can pop up at any time often in times of stess. such as constant coughing or clearing of ones throat. I used to do the latter myself. I was vagely aware of doing it, but not until, someone i had onlly known a while told me it was getting on his nerves, did i reliaeze anyone else had noticed it. Frankly im glad he said it, as im sure within a few weeks id stopped doing it.

Im sure all that Gub meant was a mild dig at your number of same type of guitars, no offence intended.[/quote]
There's a glorious irony in you typing this out twice. :)

Do I have OCD? I'm always picking my nose & looking at Basschat, even when I'm playing a gig!!!

Edited to say "nice collection". I've wanted a Dingwall for yonks, maybe one day.

Edited by xgsjx

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1228378' date='May 12 2011, 07:31 AM']'Welcome to overreaction central!'[/quote]

Yes you would think so, however, well lets face it, the things that people gets away with, in an internet forum are beyond belief and I am talking about out and out lack of respect for those they are not familiar with.

If for one moment we forget that we are chatting via the internet, and instead imagine this exact situation recreated in real life, like if we were all invited to this "big" party, don't you think that a total stranger would think twice before asking someone if they have ocd at the risk of offending the bloke and be rewarded back with a bunch of 5's, or worse?

Of course we all react differently, but maybe 5 out of 10 people would take offense to it as I would, cause I am not one known to show the other cheek.