Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Orange OBC-410 + Terror Bass *SOLD*

Golder7

Hi guys, today is a sad day!

*SOLD* I am selling my Orange Terror Bass 500 Head - [url="http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Orange-Terror-Bass~ID~11238.asp"]Soundslive.co.uk[/url] / [url="http://www.orangeamps.com/terror-bass-500/"]Orange Amps[/url]*SOLD*

And my Orange OBC-410 Bass Speaker Cabinet - [url="http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Orange-OBC-410~ID~9711.asp"]Soundslive.co.uk[/url] / [url="http://www.orangeamps.com/obc-410-speaker-cab/"]Orange Amps[/url]

Firstly the reason for sale, is that I have left my band and no longer have a need for the amp, very sad!

Ok, so a little first hand experience with the rig. The head is smaller than you realise, and can EASILY be lifted by your little finger no problem, yet it still sounds HUGE! Its 500W RMS and really simple to set up and get great sounds from it from the go. There are x2 Speak-on connectors on the back to hook up to x2 speakers to, and a switch to alternate between 4Ohms and 8Ohms speaker output. The controls on the front are also simple with a Master Volume, Bass, Mid, Treble and Gain Control, a single Jack socket for the in put with a switch for going between Active and Passive basses, plus a switch to go from Off-Standby-On. When it's coupled up with the OBC-410 it sounds amazing. I have been using the amp switched to 8 Ohms on the back, meaning its driving the full 500Watts of the amp in to the 8Ohm 600Watt Orange 4x10, but you can switch it to 4Ohms if you wish to hook up another 8Ohm cab.

The amp was bought from Orange directly in September last year so is only 8 months old, it has been gigged and there are some signs of wear on the cab. This is all merely cosmetic and in comparison with many other 'well-toured' Orange cabs, it still looks new. The head is still in its soft-bag, keeping it safe and dust-free. I should still have the original boxes the items were shipped in if these are required.

As far as shipping goes, I am willing to send these via courier, however the buyer must arrange and pay for this, otherwise it is pick-up from Brighton, East Sussex only.

I am looking to get £300 for the Terror Bass Head *SOLD* and £[s]450[/s] [s]£400[/s] [b][size=3]£350[/size][/b]*SOLD* for the OBC-410 cab. Please PM for more details, pictures, questions or if you are wanting to make me an offer...

[attachment=79547:IMAG0122.jpg]
(Bass Not For Sale)

Many thanks, Steve!

Edited by Golder7

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1228403' date='May 12 2011, 08:26 AM']I have to vouch for that 4x10. Yes, it's a big cab, but the sound it produces is huge! Easily big enough for rock/punk/hardcore gigs...[/quote]

Most definitely! I have been using since September for Hard/Heavy Rock, but money rules and I got a day job :) with lots of bills to pay :) :lol: :D

Hello

Really keen on the cab to go with my Terror Head, I'm running an Ashdown 4x10 with the Terror, while the Ashdown is great with other heads it seems to "fuzz" a lot with the Terror bass even on lower gain settings.
How does the Orange cab pair with it in your honest opinion of course!!!!
Cheers
Jem

[quote name='Golder7' post='1228517' date='May 12 2011, 10:33 AM']Most definitely! I have been using since September for Hard/Heavy Rock, but money rules and I got a day job :) with lots of bills to pay :) :lol: :D[/quote]

Hi Jem,

Unfortunately the cab has now gone, sale pending of course.

As for that cab with the Terror, I can completely vouch for it that it sounds great. I used the rig on low medium and high settings running all kinds of gain, and the cab always responded well. The lows that thing produces are incredible, I originally intended on getting an OBC 115 to accompany the 410, but I didn't see th need. I had the Terror switched to 8Ohm's and the cab can handle the full power.

So all in all I think the pair are amazing, you get very pronounced, clear and thunderous lows, yet crystal and sharp highs with everything in between! :) Hope that helps.

Steve
[quote name='jembullo' post='1228913' date='May 12 2011, 03:14 PM']Hello

Really keen on the cab to go with my Terror Head, I'm running an Ashdown 4x10 with the Terror, while the Ashdown is great with other heads it seems to "fuzz" a lot with the Terror bass even on lower gain settings.
How does the Orange cab pair with it in your honest opinion of course!!!!
Cheers
Jem[/quote]