Why become a member? ×

Your settings...?????

Kubickiboy

What do you use?

And how do you make it sound good in your/everybody elses ears/cans?

Specific details would be nice- (just for your "basic" tones)

i.e. my Sovtek Big Muff is set at 11 o'clock, 2.5 o'clock and 12 o'clock clockwise. EHX Bassballs @ 7 o'clock.

my Status S2 Classic 5. Full volume, pan one click towards neck p/u etc etc

Pix would be good.

J

btw, are there any more Kubicki Ex-Factor owners out there? Seems like we're a dying breed...

I'm not quite sure what you might be hoping to achieve from your question but I used to favour a classic mid scoop in my sound regardless of bass/amp or cab but I'm now pretty much leaving everything flat. However saying that, my Warwick basses have always had the bass and treble on full whack (effectively mid scoop I suppose) and I've never liked the B/M/T that you get on recent Warwicks. I also now have a new bass that is used completely flat.

Awww.. ok I'm in.. 7 string with EMG DC's straight into the front of my Mark Bass F1. Eq starts flat (all at 12 o'clock) then I tweak to the room for taste, but usually end up with something nearing 'Ampeg tone'. TC Electronics GForce sits in a parallel effects loops, to preserve the original bass tone. All goes straight out to an Epifani UL-610 cab.

My 'sound' could be considered 'hifi', as it has clear top and very deep bottom, a scooped middle and a little drive and compression from the effects unit for a bit of 'width' to the sound.