Why become a member? ×

eBay - Overwater warning

[quote name='pete.young' post='1230784' date='May 14 2011, 10:40 AM']I'm pleased you got it sorted out.

All that remains is to keep a close eye on the 'bay to see when it re-appears and make sure it's properly described.[/quote]
Busy 'phrasing' my feedback. :)

Really pleased that this has worked out in the end. I'm sure WH could have done without the hassle and stress along the way, and the Seller wants to thank his lucky stars he doesn't live in the good'ol US of A with their culture of litigating for that sort of thing!

I hope the seller uses his links to Overwater to have the bass looked at/repaired before he tries to sell it again.

[quote name='Soliloquy' post='1230085' date='May 13 2011, 04:06 PM']It depends what you call cheap. I bet you're careful what Chicken you eat though ?

Anything 'cheap', ie £200 or so I wouldn't bother with anyway, chances are the seller just wants rid of it......why ?

Anything more than that I wouldn't risk because I couldn't afford to get stung.

Just because you buy from Ebay, or pay with Paypal, that doesn't mean that you are guaranteed your money back, and it can take ages to get it back.

This year alone I've travelled to Edinburgh, London twice and Oxford to collect items that I've bought or traded. I've been to Scotland previously to buy a bass. I make a day out of it.[/quote]
It all depends what you want. Most of the instruments I've bought in the last 4-5 years have come from the US or Japan. There's a good chance that I'm the only person in the UK who owns examples of these instruments (certainly no-one has offered any up for sale here on BassChat).

For me the opportunity and convenience that the internet and international shipping offers for buying instruments far outweigh and potential difficulties.

Oh and congratulations to WH for finally managing to get your money back and ending this debacle!

Excellent WH.
Shame you've been put through this worrying sh*t.
Life's too short to be angry with people, but,

RONZ, you are actually in the presence of people with a shared passion and generally a shared sense of decency.
You seem to lack that.
I will be in Aberdeen in July, perhaps we should meet up for a wee swalley and a discussion on ethics.

Karl.

[quote name='Ronz' post='1230822' date='May 14 2011, 11:29 AM']Was refunded at that time because i'd just got home from a gig and he saw me coming in. Nice bunch of people here,lol

Ronz[/quote]

Hello and welcome to basschat. You've seemed to get off on a bit of a wrong foot, lets hope it was just piles and piles of misunderstanding and bad couriers, stick around. We like basses here.

Luke

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='1231132' date='May 14 2011, 05:34 PM']Hello and welcome to basschat. You've seemed to get off on a bit of a wrong foot, lets hope it was just piles and piles of misunderstanding and bad couriers, stick around. We like basses here.

Luke[/quote]

Quite right!

Truckstop

• 8 months later...
  • 9 years later...