Why become a member? ×

Acoustic Image Contra Series II rig * SOLD *

I have recently bought the newer Acoustic Image Series III Coda combo (which has two channels) so my Series II Contra combo and extension cab are no longer needed. I bought them from Beedster around the start of this year and they are in good condition (with very slight wear and bobbling to the carpet covering on the combo). The combo head had a malfunction about a month ago (the sound stopped in a rehearsal) but AI replaced the faulty components with sparkly new ones (I got the head back from them yesterday; see my thread last night on good customer service [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=134572&pid=1220953&st=0&#entry1220953)"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...;#entry1220953)[/url] and it is now in perfect working order. The combo and extension cab each come with a heavy duty padded cover.

Based on the latest AI UK price list (http://acousticimg.eu/price.html) the newest Series III Contra combo plus extension cab and two padded covers would run you to a cool £1,700 - here is a good condition, perfect working order Series II equivalent rig which I will sell for £600. Would prefer collection from London or convenient meet-up as I don't have shipping boxes (and it would mean two delivery boxes with the associated hassle and cost!)

Please note Marvin Spangles has a Contra extension cab for sale separately but his is the newer SIII cab - I don't want to stymie his sale here!

Pics:

[attachment=79090:P1040214.JPG][attachment=79091:P1040216.JPG][attachment=79092:P1040215.JPG]

Edited by Clarky

This is exactly the type of rig I will be looking for in the future and this price is higly competitive but, at this point, I am afraid that I have too many other demands on my 'disposable income'. Good luck with the sale.

For those BC'ers with whom I have had previous good dealings (and mods :) ), I would do some kind of payment plan if it helped, eg, a half upfront, the remainder over three months?

Edited by Clarky

Damn you and your ever-changing gear needs Clarky!

Right mate, if you're prepared for me to juggle a few things over a couple of days, and as this is without doubt the best piece of DB amplification kit I've used, can you put my name on it and we'll sort things over the phone or PM at the weekend?

If you get a better offer in the meantime though, please feel free to take it

C

PS we might as well accept the reality of the situation and simply share all our gear mate :)

[quote name='Beedster' post='1221966' date='May 6 2011, 09:53 AM']Damn you and your ever-changing gear needs Clarky!

Right mate, if you're prepared for me to juggle a few things over a couple of days, and as this is without doubt the best piece of DB amplification kit I've used, can you put my name on it and we'll sort things over the phone or PM at the weekend?

If you get a better offer in the meantime though, please feel free to take it

C

PS we might as well accept the reality of the situation and simply share all our gear mate :)[/quote]
lol!

This is now on hold for the Beedster!

[quote name='Bilbo' post='1221977' date='May 6 2011, 10:02 AM']Can I play? :)[/quote]
Don't do it Rob! it's a seedy, dirty world - I'm only just recovering after months of counselling. I'm terrified that at any moment another tempting PM will come my way with some new "trade" or other :)

[quote name='Legion' post='1221991' date='May 6 2011, 10:11 AM']Don't do it Rob! it's a seedy, dirty world - I'm only just recovering after months of counselling. I'm terrified that at any moment another tempting PM will come my way with some new "trade" or other :)[/quote]
PM'd

:)

[quote name='Legion' post='1221991' date='May 6 2011, 10:11 AM']Don't do it Rob! it's a seedy, dirty world - I'm only just recovering after months of counselling. I'm terrified that at any moment another tempting PM will come my way with some new "trade" or other :)[/quote]

Although Clarky's recent activity might seem quite excessive*, he's only filling the gap in the marketplace left by you and I settling down a bit Jase :)

*Although at least Clarky has the excuse of having recently been through a change in instrument, band, genre etc.

[quote name='Beedster' post='1222003' date='May 6 2011, 10:17 AM']Although Clarky's [b]recent [/b] activity might seem quite excessive[/quote]
Recent? I wasn't aware I had ever been anything other than excessive from the moment I joined this goddamn GAS-inducing forum :)

And as a the result of this purchase and a few other 'things', keep yours eyes open for a lovely mojo'd 3tsb '65 Precision that'll be on the market soon Jase.....

[quote name='Beedster' post='1222011' date='May 6 2011, 10:22 AM']And as a the result of this purchase and a few other 'things', keep yours eyes open for a lovely mojo'd 3tsb '65 Precision that'll be on the market soon Jase.....[/quote]
Oh dear. How you gonna hide that one from Mrs Legion and her horses, Jase? :) :)

[quote name='Clarky' post='1222013' date='May 6 2011, 10:24 AM']Oh dear. How you gonna hide that one from Mrs Legion and her horses, Jase? :) :)[/quote]

Well, it's been five minutes and I haven't heard from Jase. I reckon one of those horses has chewed through his internet cable Clarky?

[quote name='farmer61' post='1222036' date='May 6 2011, 10:44 AM']Do you know, when I'm feeling a bit down in the dumps, I follow Clarky's and Beedster's for sale ads.

The pair of them are class acts IMO :)[/quote]
We just ping things back and forth to each other in the guise of FS ads when we get bored :)

[quote name='Clarky' post='1222038' date='May 6 2011, 10:45 AM']We just ping things back and forth to each other in the guise of FS ads when we get bored :)[/quote]

We could start a shop mate :)

[quote name='Beedster' post='1221966' date='May 6 2011, 09:53 AM']...................

PS we might as well accept the reality of the situation and simply share all our gear mate :)[/quote]

I suggested this for a few Kent faces. I still think the idea has legs..!!

[quote name='JTUK' post='1222137' date='May 6 2011, 12:32 PM']I suggested this for a few Kent faces. I still think the idea has legs..!![/quote]

Good idea, but I don't want all my gear coming back painted like a chess board JT :)