Why become a member? ×

Which cheap 4x10?

gafbass02

As i am due to move from leicester to Cheltenham soon im gonna be taking my Markbass stack with me but i plan on leaving a cab in Leicester for when i come back on the train with my lmk2 head for rehearsal once a month or so for rehearsals with myriadsonix. I used to have the peavey 4x10 which was heavy but great and available cheap 2nd hand but looking around now there seems to be a few decent brands doing two hundred (no more than 230 really)ish cabs but which is a good bet?, the warwick, ashdown, GK backline??, peavey there are so many?
Id like a 4x10 ideally and the lmk2 is pretty powerful so as loud as i can go, i thought the GK backline looked quite good??
cheers you lot
Gaf

I think you've answered the question for yourself. You already know and like the Peavey, which is hardly surprising: the quality and value for money you get with their gear is hard to beat. The other cabs may be marvellous, but they'll be an unknown quantity, and you probably haven't the time to mess about auditioning them all. Get the Peavey and be happy!

We need a decent cheap cab company over here, like Avatar in the US. :)

I was reading a thread over on TB about "cheap rigs of doom", and some of the stuff these Americans have bought for less than $1000 is outrageous... you never find amps and cabs that cheap over here.

[quote name='Oxblood' post='13682' date='Jun 7 2007, 04:41 PM']I think you've answered the question for yourself. You already know and like the Peavey, which is hardly surprising: the quality and value for money you get with their gear is hard to beat. The other cabs may be marvellous, but they'll be an unknown quantity, and you probably haven't the time to mess about auditioning them all. Get the Peavey and be happy![/quote]

+1 on the Peavey's. The 410's are exceptional cabs for the price, if you're using just the one, get the 4 ohm version so you get more out of it.

Also look at the Warwick 411 PRO II too (how many 2/toos?). Really top sounding cabs, made in china but great construction and plenty cheapness.

Erm what about the Marshall 4x12? BIIIGGGGGG sound, bit more chunk to port about but the 12's are a great cross over between the bottom of the 15's and the attack of the 10's.

HTH

T

[quote name='Russ' post='13906' date='Jun 7 2007, 11:01 PM']We need a decent cheap cab company over here, like Avatar in the US. :)

I was reading a thread over on TB about "cheap rigs of doom", and some of the stuff these Americans have bought for less than $1000 is outrageous... you never find amps and cabs that cheap over here.[/quote]

Which is the case for most products over there. Stuff is just cheaper full stop.