Why become a member? ×

Help with a one cab does it all

Smash

Beware of cabs claiming to go to 35Hz as if it tried to do it will suck all the power from your amp - see numerous threads as to why trying to go that low is a waste of time but its basically what we really hear is harmonics not the fundamentals.

None of these cabs are really a one hand lift. Why cant you carry a GS112 in each hand or are they too heavy for that?

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='145262' date='Feb 22 2008, 06:57 PM']Beware of cabs claiming to go to 35Hz as if it tried to do it will suck all the power from your amp - see numerous threads as to why trying to go that low is a waste of time but its basically what we really hear is harmonics not the fundamentals.[/quote]

I think you meant to say "Beware of cabs claiming to go to 35Hz because that's just marketing bs, none of them (bar Acmes) actually do so with any useful output". Trying to go that low is definitely not a waste of time but if you do wish to do so you will need more speakers and more power than otherwise.

All the 4x10" cabs mentioned will have fairly similar sensitivity and response - it comes down to personal taste whose colouration you will prefer.

Alex

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='145262' date='Feb 22 2008, 06:57 PM']None of these cabs are really a one hand lift. Why cant you carry a GS112 in each hand or are they too heavy for that?[/quote]

Sorry didn't mean a one hand lift, I meant both hands lifting cab, with the 2 Aggies you can carry them both but I find 1 cab is easier as both Aggies are 19Kg each and normally the 4x10's are around 26Kg, every little helps.

I also assumed that you intended carrying all your gear into a venue in one go. My 6x10 is easily a one person lift (better still that you can wheel it to where you need to lift), that's the main reason I purchased this over a 4x10 for a one cab does it all jobbie. I can pull up to a gig and lift the cab out, bass over the shoulder in a gigbag, leads in a laptop case over the other shoulder, pick up my amp in one hand and then wheel my cab into most places. Obviously if I have stairs etc the casters cope with most small (3"-6") steps but proper stairs mean I have to put the amp down and use both hands to carry said cab. Not the cheapest cab by any means and I wouldn't claim that it is even a 'great' cab but for the size and weight I doubt I'll find anything close to beating it... ain't no replacement for displacement :)

Warwickhunt you are right, you must know the scenario doing more trips to the car is so annoying and also having to lock up car and go back and back. The dream is the one trip, I reckon I could stick a bass on my back with a smaller bag with Markbass head and leads/pedals in and I could do it.

Your cab is not in production anymore and I so would love it as its the lightest 6x10 on the market, easily push it along with bag on back.

So next option was these cabs I mentioned as to next best option.

[quote name='Smash' post='145414' date='Feb 23 2008, 12:54 AM']Warwickhunt you are right, you must know the scenario doing more trips to the car is so annoying and also having to lock up car and go back and back. The dream is the one trip, I reckon I could stick a bass on my back with a smaller bag with Markbass head and leads/pedals in and I could do it.

Your cab is not in production anymore and I so would love it as its the lightest 6x10 on the market, easily push it along with bag on back.

So next option was these cabs I mentioned as to next best option.[/quote]

Are you sue that Tecamp don't do this cab anymore? If they don't, speak to Mike at The Bass Merchant... you may get a pleasant surprise. Though at this rate I should be getting a freebie from Mike :)

[quote name='Smash' post='145422' date='Feb 23 2008, 01:07 AM']Spoke to Mike the other day, he doesn't trade in Tecamp or have any Tech gear in stock. Just had a look at Tecamp website it does have one at 32Kg but no dealers in the Uk.[/quote]

Sorry I should have said that Mike is doing his own range of Tech style cabs, which are meant to be the same weight/dimensions/spec.