Why become a member? ×

Norwood and Dug Pinnick

bassoctopus

Saw Fishbone on Saturday night, who were fantastic as always. Had a chat with Norwood afterwards

Here is playing his Thumb Bass, also played his Infinity NT 5 too during the gig

And a couple of weeks earlier Kings X played a killer set at the same venue, and I got Mr Pinnick to sign my 12 string Hamer.

Inspirational stuff from 2 bands who should be more famous than they are

[quote name='bassoctopus' post='1218099' date='May 2 2011, 09:47 PM']Inspirational stuff from 2 bands who should be more famous than they are[/quote]
Definitely. Didn't know Rocky George was playing with Fishbone now :)

I'm going to have to familiarise myself with the new stuff as a matter of priority.

Edited by Doctor J

[quote name='bassoctopus' post='1218318' date='May 3 2011, 08:50 AM']Dug was playing a Schecter[/quote]

Model T I think, he said that he'd only taken delivery of them (2 I think) just prior to the European dates. Apparently Schecter are proposing a Dug Sig bass. Dug didn't know when this might happen, but he's helping design custom pickups etc for it too.

Myself and my guitarist went to see King's X at the Electric Ballroom in Camden and got a few things signed. Doug was a very nice bloke and the only gripe that I had from the gig about the band was that he only played the 12 string on 1 song. Come on!! I certainly counted at least 6 songs that were played on a 12 when they were recorded and he played them on the Schecter. On a certain level, it was slightly disappointing.

However, it did put me in the mood to get a 12 string. Pity that they are so amazingly rare and virtually never come up on Ebay. Bummer.