Why become a member? ×

WARWICK BASS AMPS

ian

[quote name='ian' post='139692' date='Feb 13 2008, 05:08 PM']Hi everyone i have been offerd a endorsment with warwick bass amps

im poss having a

10.1 tubepath head 1000 watts
411 pro bass cab 4 x10 600watts
and a 2x10 211 bass cab
any ideas of quality etc please many thanks ian[/quote]

Hi Ian

You haven't given much information about your preferred tone, etc., but... I have a TubePath 10.1, and I love it dearly. It's built like an Audi - fantastic quality.

I always run it with the EQ near flat and it's a great tone. It has a switchable 2nd-stage tube which gives it a great tubey tone, similar to Boogie's SimulState.

My only criticisms are 1) The DI is as hot as the sun, but it's fixable with a simple mod and 2) [font="Comic Sans MS"][b]The lettering on the amp is Comic Sans[/b][/font]. Shallow, I know, but... WTF?

[quote]If you can, id have a look at the ND series of cabinets, Neo speakers, i think higher power ratings? youll have to check that though![/quote]

Yup they are higher power ratings but they don't seem to make a 2x10 in the Neo series?

Anyway the 4x10 is 800 watts @ 8ohm and the 1x15 is 400 watts @ 8ohm and sound mint with the horn attenuator turned all the way off!

Depends what sort of endorsement deal it is. If its being given away I guess that makes a difference and you can put up with going downmarket. If they are letting you have the stuff at discount and you have to spend the rest of your life telling everyone how wonderful it is I would stick with the EBS.

As your current gig is a Motown thing I recon you need a P bass, flats and an Ampeg B15.

See Presoulnations Sandberg horror story.