Why become a member? ×

Whats the difference between made in japan and crafted in japan

gub

[quote name='gub' post='1214265' date='Apr 28 2011, 09:58 PM']Sorry if its a stupid question ,but am a bit confused![/quote]
In terms of quality absolutely nothing, but it's widely believed that Made in Japan is associated with FujiGen. When Dyna and Tokai began making Japanese Fenders these appeared with Crafted in Japan on them.

It's a vaguely interesting footnote in Fender Japan's history, but to the player it makes no discernible difference.

Interesting topic - I have a CIJ 62 Reissue Jazz that I bought new when they were first made/issued - must be over ten years now.

It has been my main bass since then & I love it. The feel of it is excellent & I only recently got a USA Precision - 2007. Again an excellent instrument - but now I have it I see what the member above - Mr. Fudge - means by the "not enough OOMPH".

The USA Precision has an indefinable "Better" sound.

I think I'll get some fresh pickups for my Japanese guitar - I had thought of looking for a USA set - but what does anyone else suggest - obviously the Wizzards above - it's a brand I hadn't heard of.

Regards,

STOMPBOX
:)

[quote name='Stompbox' post='1214529' date='Apr 29 2011, 08:09 AM']Interesting topic - I have a CIJ 62 Reissue Jazz that I bought new when they were first made/issued - must be over ten years now.

It has been my main bass since then & I love it. The feel of it is excellent & I only recently got a USA Precision - 2007. Again an excellent instrument - but now I have it I see what the member above - Mr. Fudge - means by the "not enough OOMPH".

The USA Precision has an indefinable "Better" sound.

I think I'll get some fresh pickups for my Japanese guitar - I had thought of looking for a USA set - but what does anyone else suggest - obviously the Wizzards above - it's a brand I hadn't heard of.

Regards,

STOMPBOX
:)[/quote]

Wizards are great £70 pound a pair, don't let that put you off (too cheap) they are fantastic, well balanced, smooth and punchy. 64's have the classic jazz sound, i.e. a Fullerton jazz sound very smooth, mucho clarity. 84's are much hotter, rude, with a lot more low, the lows are very tight and focused. Both are great depends on what you like. I just tried them on rec. and I am very impressed, they seem to be much clearer and more balanced string to string and high to low than most pickups I have tried so far. They are wound by hand, which makes a big difference (scatter wound) which produces better results in most things with coils in i.e. transformers, pickups chokes.