Why become a member? ×

ACG Salace 5.

giblett123

Morning all,

I've finally moved on my six and freed up a few quid so I'm having something built to replace it!

Spec: Salace shape body in alder with Zebrano top, purple heart veneer, cutaways to reveal a bit of the purple and gloss finish. 34" scale, 5 piece maple & pinstripe purple heart set neck, Impregnated spalt maple board (Its no 6 in the pics below) with a 2mm purple heart accent between board and neck, Matching zebrano headstock plates front and rear with purple heart veneers, ACG SB single coil at the bridge and switchable ACG RFB humbucker on the neck, East U-retro preamp. Should be very nice, timber pics below!

Edited by giblett123

[quote name='eude' post='1213552' date='Apr 28 2011, 09:38 AM']So you pulled the trigger? :)
Sounds like a really cool bass matey!
I'll be following this one closely...

Eude[/quote]
Yep, I did, the 6 has moved onto someone who plays a 6, this should be ideal for me and I love the striker wood!

[quote name='mike_zimmerman' post='1214091' date='Apr 28 2011, 07:07 PM']Woo-hoo! I really like purpleheart and zebrano together, and I expect this one will be gorgeous![/quote]
It's a really nice combination, I think the board will look really cool with it too, loads of patterning!

[quote name='giblett123' post='1214196' date='Apr 28 2011, 09:08 PM']Too much for my feeble chops but one hell of a good bass![/quote]
Altered the spec a tad (Apols Alan, I know i'm a king size dithering pain in the arse)! Going for the "Salace" shaped body, It's a thing of beauty and I couldn't resist! the Finn will be next when I've sold something. The pic attached is of the shape for a headless Salace (taken from the affiliates thread), this one will have a headstock so it will be a wee bit different to this but you get an idea.

Edited by giblett123

[quote name='giblett123' post='1216374' date='May 1 2011, 04:00 AM']Altered the spec a tad (Apols Alan, I know i'm a king size dithering pain in the arse)! Going for the "Salace" shaped body, It's a thing of beauty and I couldn't resist! the Finn will be next when I've sold something. The pic attached is of the shape for a headless Salace (taken from the affiliates thread), this one will have a headstock so it will be a wee bit different to this but you get an idea.[/quote]

I like it--the Salace shape is one of my favorites at this point, and it'll be nice to see some different examples.

[quote name='mike_zimmerman' post='1219110' date='May 3 2011, 08:20 PM']I like it--the Salace shape is one of my favorites at this point, and it'll be nice to see some different examples.[/quote]
Yep, I'm looking forward to it, obviously it will be quite a while but it gives me a chance to save up some dosh!

• 1 month later...

[quote name='mcgraham' post='1287306' date='Jun 30 2011, 02:50 AM']Sounds great. I like the fingerboard wood in particular (Alan has a great selection of woods). Is the Salace body shape on ACG website? I can't seem to find it.[/quote]

There are some in-progress photos of Sugden's earlier Salace order down in Alan's thread in the Affiliate's Forum: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=9623&st=940&p=1163639&hl=salace&#entry1163639"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...p;#entry1163639[/url] ...and earlier in this thread, now that I look back (doh!). Basically, it's a combination of Gallus and Harlot shapes.

Edited by mike_zimmerman

[quote name='mcgraham' post='1287306' date='Jun 30 2011, 08:50 AM']Sounds great. I like the fingerboard wood in particular (Alan has a great selection of woods). Is the Salace body shape on ACG website? I can't seem to find it.[/quote]
Only pics of headless ones on progress, this one with have a headstock so the body will be slightly different; Zebrano I love, esp with a bit of purple heart!

• 4 months later...

I really like the Salace shape. Seeing the headed version with the extra curve in the tail, it does remind me a bit of one of [url="http://www.jpferreira.fr/pics/JPBasses%20Museum/DSCN3541.jpg.php"]JP Basses[/url] designs, but I can't say that's a bad thing--JP made some beautiful instruments.

[quote name='giblett123' timestamp='1322116088' post='1446603']
Shape for the headed Salace.
[/quote]