Why become a member? ×

Rockbass Corvette Basic by Warwick?

gixasix

Hi all,Newbie to this forum and pretty much a newbie to playing bass!
I've been offered a Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic for £150. The guy who bought it
mainly plays guitar and wanted to try bass. He never really got into it so now he's
looking to sell it as he needs the cash.He's had the bass around 3 months and still has
original receipts and box.

Has anyone got one of these or got any opinion on them? I don't want to buy it then find out
i made the wrong choice or paid too much.I've only been playing a few months and mainly
play rock or blues music.

i have the 5 string version of that bass, and i quite like it, although completely different from the warwicks made in germany the build quality on these is generally good (the early ones had a few QC issues, but warwick have addressed that), the necks are quite thin, so they are quite easy to play there about 270 new so 150 is pretty reasonable, but i suggest you try a few different basses out for comparison and see what suits, there are some pretty good basses out there within a similar price range, such as Ibanez and yamaha for example

Edited by Bassmonster

[quote name='Bassmonster' post='139098' date='Feb 12 2008, 09:19 PM']i have the 5 string version of that bass, and i quite like it, although completely different from the warwicks made in germany the build quality on these is generally good (the early ones had a few QC issues, but warwick have addressed that), the necks are quite thin, so they are quite easy to play there about 270 new so 150 is pretty reasonable, but i suggest you try a few different basses out for comparison and see what suits, there are some pretty good basses out there within a similar price range, such as Ibanez and yamaha for example[/quote]

Thanks i'm going to see it tomorrow so hopefully i'll know if it feels right for me when i play it.Might tke a trip to a music shop first and try a few different basses so i can get some comparison before i go.