Why become a member? ×

Your advice please gentlemen

hatori

Due to the sudden demise of my MBLM2 I am in need of a new rig. I play mainly fretless (unlined Fender Jazz frankenbass) in a progressive blues band. I engineered my home build cabs 1x12 delta and 2x10 bagend with le son horn arround Bagend specs. It sounded cool with the MB2 but now Ive lost confidence in that marque (there are good and bad in all makes and I am not knocking them and would prefer not to enter into discusion on this thread). I am currently faced with two trains of thought. One is to buy a GK 700rb (I have had GK before and was well pleased).However I have not used one with fretless so would invite your comments if you have. Two would be to get a Tech 21 RBI (this would severely stretch my budget) and a Crown XLS 402D. There is of course the smaller cheaper option of the Para or prog. I need to address this pretty soon as Ive a stack of work coming my way. What do you think?