Why become a member? ×

Anybody going to see Geddy and friends next month??

Bobby K

Without a shadow of doubt. Hoping the O2 will sound better than Wembley has in the past. Tricky though with the amount of notes and the big sound for their mix to be perfect live, in every part of what is effectively a barn.

It will be great though as always - my first gig I went to was them on the Hold Your Fire tour and that decided for me that I wanted to play bass! Still buzzing from that one:)

[quote name='steverickwood' post='1212449' date='Apr 27 2011, 11:33 AM']Without a shadow of doubt. Hoping the O2 will sound better than Wembley has in the past. Tricky though with the amount of notes and the big sound for their mix to be perfect live, in every part of what is effectively a barn.

It will be great though as always - my first gig I went to was them on the Hold Your Fire tour and that decided for me that I wanted to play bass! Still buzzing from that one:)[/quote]

I saw them 19 years ago at Sheffield Arena and Wembley Arena, on the Roll The Bones tour. Was great to see them and all, but had pretty sh*te seats for both gigs. This year I'm making up for it, with seats in the [b][i]2nd row[/i][/b] at Birmingham!! On Geddy's side of the stage too!Did the whole join the fanclub thing, to get the presale ticket notification and got up early on the day to make sure of good seats and it paid off :lol: Pricey? Definitely, but i reckon it's gonna be worth it :D

The sound might be an issue, being so close to the stage, but it'll be payback for looking at three tiny little figures in the distance 19 years ago :)

Nice one Steve, would've loved to see Ged with his black Wal :)

Helsinki for me - my g/f and I have been fans for many years, and it's our first show. Can't wait!

No mention of bass, but interesting all the same - Alex's setup for the tour:
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJMLYexG6FM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJMLYexG6FM[/url]

[quote name='Bobby K' post='1212507' date='Apr 27 2011, 12:20 PM']I saw them 19 years ago at Sheffield Arena and Wembley Arena, on the Roll The Bones tour. Was great to see them and all, but had pretty sh*te seats for both gigs. This year I'm making up for it, with seats in the [b][i]2nd row[/i][/b] at Birmingham!! On Geddy's side of the stage too!Did the whole join the fanclub thing, to get the presale ticket notification and got up early on the day to make sure of good seats and it paid off :lol: Pricey? Definitely, but i reckon it's gonna be worth it :D

The sound might be an issue, being so close to the stage, but it'll be payback for looking at three tiny little figures in the distance 19 years ago :)

Nice one Steve, would've loved to see Ged with his black Wal :)[/quote]

It was mind-blowing; still is. I saw them on the Bones tour too; about 5 rows from front (would cost a fortune now) through the fanzine. Primus were also introduced to my musical influences that night:)

I think I'm midway back this time - got on the o2 presale but couldn't afford the front! It doesn't matter - the visuals are so good and always a great experience:)

[quote name='Bassassin' post='1212567' date='Apr 27 2011, 01:17 PM']I'll be at Glasgow SECC - seen every tour since Moving Pictures & it would be a shame to miss out.

Still wish they'd gone back into the studio & finished Clockwork Angels instead, though.

Jon.[/quote]

Hey Jon - with luck they'll tour that and come back again. zimmer frames et al.

Nice to see so many of the BC brethren will be worshipping at the altar of Ged :D

Some great posts here...

Very envious of Bassassin and seeing all those tours!! :) Amazing mate!

Regarding Primus supporting on the 'Bones tour, I actually got to meet Les Claypool after the Wembley Arena gig! :lol:

He was hanging around at the back of the venue wearing a cowboy hat, me and my mates just went over and said hello. Don't remember much of what he said apart from him saying that England was far too cold! :)

Enjoy the gigs fellas! :P

[quote name='Bobby K' post='1212507' date='Apr 27 2011, 12:20 PM']I saw them 19 years ago at Sheffield Arena and Wembley Arena, on the Roll The Bones tour. Was great to see them and all, but had pretty sh*te seats for both gigs. This year I'm making up for it, with seats in the [b][i]2nd row[/i][/b] at Birmingham!! [b]On Geddy's side of the stage too![/b][u][/u][color="#FF0000"][/color]Did the whole join the fanclub thing, to get the presale ticket notification and got up early on the day to make sure of good seats and it paid off :D Pricey? Definitely, but i reckon it's gonna be worth it :lol:

The sound might be an issue, being so close to the stage, but it'll be payback for looking at three tiny little figures in the distance 19 years ago :lol:

Nice one Steve, would've loved to see Ged with his black Wal :)[/quote]

you know he's changed side nowadays ??? :P :lol:

Saw them last tour and you won't be disappointed - brilliant
Have a good night.

:)

Dave

While we're on the subject, somebody just sent me this, check it out....

YYZ with the bass isolated :)

[url="http://www.musicintheabstract.org/rush-oddities/audio/yyz-rhythm.mp3"]YYZ bass[/url]

It was posted on Rushisaband.com, along with other goodies :)

Find them here:

[url="http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2011/04/26/2593/New-Rush-audio-odditiesrarities-from-MitA"]Rush oddities[/url]

[quote name='kevin_lindsay' post='1212828' date='Apr 27 2011, 04:47 PM']I'm going to see them at the Glasgow SECC - 2 weeks on Saturday - oh yes!!!!!![/quote]

The dozy buggers have timed their secc date to clash with a Big Tuna gig. I know which one I'll be at :) :)

[quote name='Bobby K' post='1212961' date='Apr 27 2011, 06:31 PM']While we're on the subject, somebody just sent me this, check it out....

[url="http://www.musicintheabstract.org/rush-oddities/audio/yyz-rhythm.mp3"]YYZ bass[/url]

It was posted on Rushisaband.com, along with other goodies :)

Find them here:

[url="http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2011/04/26/2593/New-Rush-audio-odditiesrarities-from-MitA"]Rush oddities[/url][/quote]

It's when you break down Geddy's playing that it becomes clear what a master he is. As good as it gets!

[quote name='Bobby K' post='1212838' date='Apr 27 2011, 04:53 PM']Nice to see so many of the BC brethren will be worshipping at the altar of Ged :D

Some great posts here...

Very envious of Bassassin and seeing all those tours!! :) Amazing mate!

Regarding Primus supporting on the 'Bones tour, I actually got to meet Les Claypool after the Wembley Arena gig! :lol:

He was hanging around at the back of the venue wearing a cowboy hat, me and my mates just went over and said hello. Don't remember much of what he said apart from him saying that England was far too cold! :)

Enjoy the gigs fellas! :P[/quote]

Cool!! Sadly after the bones gig I was still trying to work out if Primus was the best or worst band ever! It eventually sunk in that they were pretty important to the scene and very cool indeed. I totally loved his basses and took years to find out where to get one. I ended up getting one on the bay last year...
I think Cetera has a wal geddy lee he had custom made; totally beautiful, check out his collection!

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1212970' date='Apr 27 2011, 06:39 PM']It's when you break down Geddy's playing that it becomes clear what a master he is. As good as it gets![/quote]

Couldn't agree more Chris and [b][i]what a tone he had!![/i][/b]

[quote name='steverickwood' post='1212977' date='Apr 27 2011, 06:44 PM']Cool!! Sadly after the bones gig I was still trying to work out if Primus was the best or worst band ever! It eventually sunk in that they were pretty important to the scene and very cool indeed. I totally loved his basses and took years to find out where to get one. I ended up getting one on the bay last year...
I think Cetera has a wal geddy lee he had custom made; totally beautiful, check out his collection![/quote]

I'd got into the Primus stuff a bit before going to the Rush gig, so it was a bit of a double whammy for me.

Did you get a Carl Thompson bass then?? Amazing looking things aren't they! Nice one..

As for Cetera, I'm assuming you mean a member on here and not Peter of Chicago fame :)

Will check it out....

[quote name='Bobby K' post='1212989' date='Apr 27 2011, 06:56 PM']I'd got into the Primus stuff a bit before going to the Rush gig, so it was a bit of a double whammy for me.

Did you get a Carl Thompson bass then?? Amazing looking things aren't they! Nice one..

As for Cetera, I'm assuming you mean a member on here and not Peter of Chicago fame :)

Will check it out....[/quote]

Haha yeah - at least I think so. Does the guy from Chicago now play in a KISS tribute?:)
I'm glad they had Primus otherwise I may have missed that one and I was bored of the slap players I heard in the late 80s but Claypool seemed to make it a bit more 'attitude' for me so it was a changer for me. Yes - an amazing bass, although I shoved another EMG in it to get more tone. Trouble is, I'm terrified to take it to a lot of gigs!!!

I always wanted a Rick, but I don't do a gig where I could use it. It was the coolest thing though - all hail...Geddy Lee!!

[quote name='Bobby K' post='1212961' date='Apr 27 2011, 06:31 PM']While we're on the subject, somebody just sent me this, check it out....

It was posted on Rushisaband.com, along with other goodies :lol:

Find them here:

[url="http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2011/04/26/2593/New-Rush-audio-odditiesrarities-from-MitA"]Rush oddities[/url][/quote]

Yes, I look on rushisaband most days. Been a Rush fanatic since 1979 aged 11. Not missed them since signals tour. The NEC makeover is great as the LG, so Im looking forward to see how this works for them. Im Block A row D, Alex side, but I/m looking forward to seeing his new Les Paul sig up close.

Happy Days Indeed :)