Why become a member? ×

Old Barefaced News - see our website for the latest news!

alexclaber

[quote name='alexclaber' post='676916' date='Dec 7 2009, 05:43 PM']Well it's the wrong way round IMO and they look so much better under natural light rather than with a flash (perils of a gloss finish) but here it is.[/quote]

That's... bonkers. I mean, yes it's bonkers because it's the wrong way round, but still, knowing what those two cabs are capable of (approximately - haven't heard the tmidge myself), it's filling me with a certain... joy.

S.P.

[quote name='Mandril' post='683272' date='Dec 13 2009, 07:28 PM']Wow! The T'Midget has the twitter in front of the 12 cone, right? Doesn't that bar affect the way the big cone sounds? Never seen a cab like that...[/quote]

I think that would only block highs, which is probably a bonus, since people actually pay money for 'beam blockers' to stop that happening.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Mandril' post='683272' date='Dec 13 2009, 07:28 PM']Wow! The T'Midget has the twitter in front of the 12 cone, right? Doesn't that bar affect the way the big cone sounds? Never seen a cab like that...[/quote]

The bar is small enough not to affect output until you get into the treble where it does slightly change the dispersion pattern and then the tweeter kicks in.

On another topic entirely, I'm adding quite a bit of technical info and whatnot to the website, rather than adding it as new threads/posts here.

Alex

[quote name='alexclaber' post='678032' date='Dec 8 2009, 03:20 PM']Here's a Midget/Compact stack the tidy way round. Total weight 46lbs.

Alex[/quote]
hi alex,
i have now corrected the way to deal with the cab orientation.
the previous problem i had was the t'midget in horizontal mode meant that the handle stuck upwards and unbalanced the amp head. (a given, being as these amps are so tiny)
o.k. - my improv skills in action - i used the base of the polystyrene packaging that came with the amp head, cut it to size with craft knife, removed a slot for the handle,spray-painted it black, and result !. i now have a rock-steady, shock-absorbent platform for the head..(my years watching blue peter weren't wasted, particularly that episode with caron keating climbing out of the serpentine in a wet t-shirt, but hey ! i digress..)
sorry about the crap photos, as outside weather/lighting prohibitive at the moment.. and yes it sounds awesome..
from chunky-funk warmth to pitbull-on-coke growl. it all sounds good.. and weighs nothing
on the tin = 2 x 375 W @ 8 ohms
in practice, sounds very loud & clear, not gigged yet, but have full confidence..

Edited by phil.i.stein