Why become a member? ×

Hi from Newcastle.

Bigbaz

Hi Everyone

Greetings from Tyneside.

I first played Bass more years ago than I care to remember until life got in the way.

Suddenly I have three basses:[list]
[*]MIM 60's Classic Jazz
[*]Hofner Icon
[*]Squier Vintage Modified Jazz
[/list]

I had issues with the Squier, there sorted now, the other two are flawless.

I have two amps, a Fender Rumble and my pride and joy the latest Five Fifteen MiniRig. which has more than enough about it to seriously upset wor lass, (my wife for the uneducated) she now has ear plugs!

For many years I wanted to start again but it was advice from a Doctor around 14 months ago that became the catalyst. Anyway I think my days of playing live are gone now especially as I am more than a little rusty but hey never say never and now I'm more than happy with a good backing track and my bass.

Best Wishes to all

Barry

[quote name='BIG.J' post='1210464' date='Apr 24 2011, 10:36 PM']Welcome to the forum buddy!

We are hitting the road with our Genesis Tribute next Saturday for a gig near you @ the Blyth & Tyne.

All the best

J.[/quote]
Ar, man.. could have fancied that but I've got a gig.

Eeeeh... the Blyth and Tyne...!

..and welcome aboard, Barry!

[quote name='BIG.J' post='1210464' date='Apr 24 2011, 10:36 PM']We are hitting the road with our Genesis Tribute next Saturday for a gig near you @ the Blyth & Tyne.[/quote]

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1211433' date='Apr 26 2011, 08:37 AM']Eeeeh... the Blyth and Tyne...![/quote]

WoT he said ^ You're playing the B&T and you're travelling up from Cheshire!

Oh and 'Hello' Baz/Barry! There's a few of us getting on around these parts, in fact The Bass Doc is a veritable Spring Chicken! :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1211559' date='Apr 26 2011, 11:35 AM']WoT he said ^ You're playing the B&T and you're travelling up from Cheshire!

Oh and 'Hello' Baz/Barry! There's a few of us getting on around these parts, in fact The Bass Doc is a veritable Spring Chicken! :)[/quote]
You trying to say we're all old buggers? Come to think of it you're right! Welcome to the Forum, Baz. :)