Why become a member? ×

Bass guitar playing and ownership is made illeagal!

Sawtooth

[quote name='phil.i.stein' post='1209623' date='Apr 23 2011, 10:50 PM']synth. nasty big dub synth & f**k the bass-police samples. :)[/quote]

Give that man a big fat cigar!!! (besides Doddy, who first started to think 'outside the box')

You got it man! If the bass guitar was outlawed, I would try and make bass frequencies on other instruments (as I already do! ). It's the 'sound' I love fundamentally, not the instrument as such.

What instrument would others turn to if bass was outlawed?

[quote name='Sawtooth' post='1209639' date='Apr 23 2011, 11:02 PM']Give that man a big fat cigar!!! (besides Doddy, who first started to think 'outside the box')

You got it man! If the bass guitar was outlawed, I would try and make bass frequencies on other instruments (as I already do! ). It's the 'sound' I love fundamentally, not the instrument as such.

What instrument would others turn to if bass was outlawed?[/quote]
box ? where.. ? :)

Start a Bass revolution.

I'd need a team though. One person to engineer a micro amp that was small/light enough to carry on your back but powerful enough to disturb the peace (and cause serious/deadly hearing injuries) and then a number of people with extended range basses. 6 strings or above an absolute must.

Then blow the sh!t out of anyone/everyone who got in the way, with the low notes!

Bring it on!!

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='1209669' date='Apr 23 2011, 11:33 PM']I'd work the bass.

I'd play amps. Pretty much like this with backline:

[/quote]

Wow! WTF is that???

Somehow, it seems like a mickey take, but, I LOVE it!

It sounds like a robot taking a piss!!!

[quote name='skej21' post='1209676' date='Apr 23 2011, 11:45 PM']Start a Bass revolution.

I'd need a team though. One person to engineer a micro amp that was small/light enough to carry on your back but powerful enough to disturb the peace (and cause serious/deadly hearing injuries) and then a number of people with extended range basses. 6 strings or above an absolute must.

Then blow the sh!t out of anyone/everyone who got in the way, with the low notes!

Bring it on!![/quote]

That amp sounds like PJB jobbie, 3x5 neodynium drivers in a backpack sized cabinet complete with shoulder straps, class D power amp with an internal power supply (batteries?) that can amplify the signal from an active 6/7/8/12 string bass so no pre is needed and less weight. That would be awesome for busking, let alone to decimate people with the low end.

Liam

[quote name='skej21' post='1209676' date='Apr 23 2011, 11:45 PM']Start a Bass revolution.

Bring it on!![/quote]

Or alternatively, just co-opt Lemmy into the revolution, mount Motorhead's touring rig on the back of a truck and have Lemmy play as you drive around, you'd bring the nation to its knees im minutes.

Bring it on!![/quote]

[quote name='LiamPodmore' post='1209695' date='Apr 23 2011, 11:59 PM']That amp sounds like PJB jobbie, 3x5 neodynium drivers in a backpack sized cabinet complete with shoulder straps, class D power amp with an internal power supply (batteries?) that can amplify the signal from an active 6/7/8/12 string bass so no pre is needed and less weight. That would be awesome for busking, let alone to decimate people with the low end.

Liam[/quote]

Or, we could go all out with a sonic weapon such as the sound cannon ...

I do a lot of things that are illegal, for recreational purposes.
But those laws have been in place for a while, this one I'd happily be a protestor, start a small rebel group, build, network until I have a sizable global network of bassists.
I would then give myself precisely 1 month to organise a worldwide protest, set the date, tell everyone where they need to be at what time.

If they kill all of us, it'll be worth it, if you aren't prepared to give your life to protect something beautiful then you are no kind of artist.

And thats not an over reaction, if they take away one instrument, they will take away more and make it all illegal, force an identity on us. Tell us what to think, feel, do. It's a slippery slope, you can't give them an inch or you'll be in a full on dictatorship before you know it.

Edited by Ross

Unworkable law.

Imagine Bass amnesty day at the local police station. All those basses and amps for the police to try an store somewhere securely. Are there any policemen left who could even pick up an 8x10" let alone carry it somewhere?