Why become a member? ×

Bass guitar playing and ownership is made illeagal!

Sawtooth

[quote name='Michaelg' post='1209481' date='Apr 23 2011, 08:14 PM']i'd carry on regardless. rebellious that innit[/quote]

Ok, what if punishable by death?

[quote name='RhysP' post='1209483' date='Apr 23 2011, 08:15 PM']Do something else.[/quote]

What? Give up playing music? Or take up another instrument?

[quote name='Bassassin' post='1209498' date='Apr 23 2011, 08:30 PM']I think I'd break the law a bit. In secrecy, if it's punishable by death.

Jon.[/quote]

That would have to be some seriously bass trapped and soundproof room though, if you wanted to crank it - which let's face it, you'd have to!

[quote name='Sawtooth' post='1209489' date='Apr 23 2011, 08:20 PM']I don't know this, please elaborate.[/quote]

In Joe's Garage, music is made illegal and the story follows the exploits of Joe (who used to be a nice boy).

In the liner notes Zappa states that music is actually illegal in Iran. I don't know if this is/was true.

I won't say any more because I think that you should go and listen to the album. But needless to say it is lyrically hilarious and musically mind blowing.

Keep it greasy,

[quote name='Heathy' post='1209525' date='Apr 23 2011, 09:01 PM']In Joe's Garage, music is made illegal and the story follows the exploits of Joe (who used to be a nice boy).

In the liner notes Zappa states that music is actually illegal in Iran. I don't know if this is/was true.

I won't say any more because I think that you should go and listen to the album. But needless to say it is lyrically hilarious and musically mind blowing.

Keep it greasy,[/quote]

Thanks, I shall.

[quote name='Sawtooth' post='1209556' date='Apr 23 2011, 09:49 PM']I know my answer, I was just wondering what path others would take ...?[/quote]
Well, most people seem to be assuming that the choice is restricted to:

1) Keep playing, in a secret sort of way or 2) Stop

Quite obviously there is a third choice, which involves storming the inner sanctums of Downing St, one's AK47 coughing death into the serried ranks of whimpering policy wonks.

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='1209608' date='Apr 23 2011, 10:41 PM']Well, most people seem to be assuming that the choice is restricted to:

1) Keep playing, in a secret sort of way or 2) Stop

Quite obviously there is a third choice, which involves storming the inner sanctums of Downing St, one's AK47 coughing death into the serried ranks of whimpering policy wonks.[/quote]

There is a 4th choice ...