Why become a member? ×

Hi from Sweden!

WarrenD

....although I'm not Swedish. I'm from Surrey but have been living in Sweden since 2008.

My name is Warren and I've been playing bass since 1994. Styles? 99% Metal or Death Metal and 1% Folk, something like that.

I've never had much of an interest for learning other bands' songs, although I know some (mostly Megadeth, Metallica, Paradise Lost, Alice in Chains....)

Basses:

Peavey Milestone 1994
Yamaha 5 String 1998
Warwick Streamer Standard 2002 (main weapon)
Fender Precision 2005

Acoustic Basses:

Gremlin 2005.
Ashbury Fretless 2007.

Amps:

Trace Elliot and Fender.

Strings: Mostly Ernie Ball and Elites. I've tried many other brands (Rotosound, Dean Markley, Galli, D'Addario, Warwick, Fender, Dunlop) and I like them all. I'd say the best sound I've ever got was from Dunlop strings.

My wife used to work for Fender, which has lead to us collecting a few guitars, although they're seldom used. We've also a Ukulele and a Cello, which I play although I'm a beginner.

We've two cats (Ihsahn and Luna) who very much enjoy the sound of the acoustic basses (I should think so too), and our first child on the way, who hopefully will learn guitar so that they come into some use!

What do I miss about England? Real Ale! Otherwise I'm satisfied.

Hello everyone!

• 8 years later...

I respond 8 and a half years later hoping all of you in this thread are still around. 

I'm based in Kristianstad, Skåne. 

Yes, 'Ihsahn' was a tribute to The Emperor himself.

I no longer have the Gremlin, it just fell apart, replaced by another acoustic. 

Cheers, W. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, WarrenD said:

I respond 8 and a half years later hoping all of you in this thread are still around. 

It would appear that, apart from @Teebs@alanbass1 and @JimBobTTD none of the other participants in this thread still visit the site. Good to see that you're still around 

23 hours ago, Teebs said:

Tjenamårs Warren. :crigon_04:

Good God...is that what they’re saying? It’s one of those things that I have heard a million times but not really understood and never asked anyone. I got that it was a salutation, of course. Well...after a while. I just thought that the number of people called Måns was a lot higher than it was! 

• Haha 1

Hej och välkommen, WarrenD!

"Tjena" is short for "tjänare" and means servant. Originally something like "I am your humble servant", but it has been degraded to something that sounds like a sneeze. I prefer the allround accepted "Hej!", that means "Hello!".

All the best,
Roger in Norrköping, Sweden

Tack! 

Ja, jag läste om det faktiskt, ordet 'Tjänare' för ett tag sedan. Så många gammaldags ord som man advänder på ett annat sätt i nutiden, eller hur? 

Norrköping. En av mina favoriter bander kommer därifrån. Marduk. 

W. 

On 15/11/2019 at 21:16, franzbassist said:

I've visited Sweden many times.  My aunt married a Swede back in the 60s and lived in Ystad and then Höör until moving back to the UK about ten years ago.  Fabulous place, wonderful people.  Many happy summer and winter holidays there.

Höör! Been to a party there once, then took the train back to Kristianstad. 

Also took a holiday in Ystad back in 2014, wonderful town. 

W. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WarrenD said:

Tack! 

Ja, jag läste om det faktiskt, ordet 'Tjänare' för ett tag sedan. Så många gammaldags ord som man advänder på ett annat sätt i nutiden, eller hur? 

Norrköping. En av mina favoriter bander kommer därifrån. Marduk. 

W. 

Ja, de är lokala snälla killar. Yes, they are local nice guys.

• 2 weeks later...