Why become a member? ×

Best "micro" bass amp?

sammarshall27

Hi, first post here.

I'm interested in playing bass again after years of just playing guitar and I'm looking at getting an ultra-small, portable amp that I can easily carry around and take places with me.

I've read good reviews on the Peavey MicroBass II and would basically like to know which is the best "micro" amp out there?

Anyone have or played the MicroMark? This looks sweet but seem's pretty expensive for such a small amp. Couldn't really go above this budget wise.

I may wait and see what the Roland Bass Micro Cube RX is like when that comes out. The video review looks pretty good. Plus I have a Microcube for my guitar and love it!

Your opinions would be really helpful to me and much appreciated! :)

Sam

I'm going to make a suggestion, that may not fit your budget, but may be of interest, especially if you want to gig later on for example.

If you were looking for an amp that you can chuck in a small bag, and carry a cab with one hand, I have just grabbed a Mark Bass F1 amp from the Bass Centre. [url="http://www.markbass.it/products.php?lingua=en&cat=1&vedi=82"]http://www.markbass.it/products.php?lingua...t=1&vedi=82[/url]. There are a few manufacturers that have started making little brutes like this. Eden, EA, Genz Benz. I think they are fantastic and the way forward! lol.

You could then select a cab that fits your needs better than 'just grabbing the nearest combo' for example. As for cabs, Mark Bass, Aguilar, Epifani, Peavey, Trace Elliot.. well.. pretty much all the well known names do a range of smaller cabs, all the way up to big gig rigs... I'm sure Bill Fitzmaurice will get a mention and Schroeder. OH! There's also Dr Bass cabinets, that Robbie from Rimm Basses has available through his sponsored forum on this site.

for a small practice amp solution.. I reckon the Roland Cube 30 and it's big brothers are excellent.

• 2 weeks later...