Why become a member? ×

Behringer BX300T opinnions?

ianrunci

I have just gone back to bass after playing guitar for the last 15 years and decided I needed something cheap and cheerful to get me going again.

I bought a Behringer BX300T head which has hardly been used and was still in the box along with a a Peavey 4x10 all for £120 and managed to get a Yamaha BBG5S for £50 which I think was a bit of a bargain.

Has anyone had any experience of the Behringer's, it seems to be ok but I haven't had it down to the rehearsal studio's or on a gig yet so haven't had a chance to give it a good run. Just wondered what other people thought of it? is it cheap and cheerful and worth the money or a bag of crap and I have wasted my money?

Ian

[quote name='ianrunci' post='138027' date='Feb 11 2008, 11:47 AM']I have just gone back to bass after playing guitar for the last 15 years and decided I needed something cheap and cheerful to get me going again.

I bought a Behringer BX300T head which has hardly been used and was still in the box along with a a Peavey 4x10 all for £120 and managed to get a Yamaha BBG5S for £50 which I think was a bit of a bargain.

Has anyone had any experience of the Behringer's, it seems to be ok but I haven't had it down to the rehearsal studio's or on a gig yet so haven't had a chance to give it a good run. Just wondered what other people thought of it? is it cheap and cheerful and worth the money or a bag of crap and I have wasted my money?

Ian[/quote]
You'll get a mixed response here. I love all the Behringer kit I've ever bought. Some hate it for what could at a stretch be described as ethical reasons, some have had genuinely bad experiences and some I suspect are employing outright brand snobbery.
All I can say is why pay more for a label?

Edited by stewblack

[quote name='stewblack' post='138094' date='Feb 11 2008, 12:13 PM']You'll get a mixed response here. I love all the Behringer kit I've ever bought. Some hate it for what could at a stretch be described as ethical reasons, some have had genuinely bad experiences and some I suspect are employing outright brand snobbery.
All I can say is why pay more for a label?[/quote]

Got round to trying it out tonight. I was really pleased it was much better that I expected it to be. not bad for £120 although I think I will be replacing the Peavey 4x10 sooner rather than later. I have never been a big fan of Peavey gear and have my mind set on an SWR golliath

but other wise the sound was clear bright and punchy with is all i need really, plus I was able to get that midrange growl for Chinese way

I dont really like Behringer I went to buy one and was warned away from it and ended up getting an Ashdown Combo at a good price, i have since played them at rehearsal studios and i really dont like me at all!

Peavey are great IMO... Heavy tho!

But if it works for you then then fair enough just not my cup of tea

[quote name='woolleydick' post='140208' date='Feb 14 2008, 12:14 PM']You will probably get a mixed reaction to the cab' decision as well!
There a lot here who are great Peavey supporters as well[/quote]

Its a personal thing, I never liked Peavey gear right from owning a Mark 3 bass head in 1979

[quote name='bassboy115' post='140270' date='Feb 14 2008, 01:19 PM']I dont really like Behringer I went to buy one and was warned away from it and ended up getting an Ashdown Combo at a good price, i have since played them at rehearsal studios and i really dont like me at all!

Peavey are great IMO... Heavy tho!

But if it works for you then then fair enough just not my cup of tea[/quote]

I considered an ashdown head but thought that since I wanted something cheap it would be pointless as I would probably replace it in about 3 months. I managed to get the Behringer I suppose for about £60 if you take into acount at least 60 for the peavey 4x10 so I can't really lose on it and it was always be there as a back up. Plus I quite like the range of sounds I can get from it, although something with more headroom is deffinately on the cards