Why become a member? ×

Wal MKII midi bass for sale-SOLD

wombatboter

Wal bass MK II midi (november 1992) N° 3733
Mahogany core, mahogany curl, veneer facings, ebony fingerboard
D tuner
with original Wal-case and the MB midi Wal module.
I bought this bass about a year ago and was very eager to try out the midi-facilities since I'm always ready for an experiment. I have been playing this bass with Roland keyboardmodules and it works really well (every fret is connected with the midi-system so the response is as accurate as possible)
Since then I bought a couple of other Wal basses and this midi bass has stayed a bit in the corner since I cannot incorporate the midi-world into the band I play in. I take my other Wal basses along and it is a shame that those midi-possibilities can not be used. I play it every now and then but I treat the midi more as a toy and it would be nice if it would be in the hands of a bassplayer who can really open up the midi world
This bass has the true Wal sound of its own without the midi being connected and the extra midi-bonus has no influence on the original sound. You can use this bass as a normal Wal (but that would be a shame off course if you think about all the things you might do with it : blend moogsounds with the original bass-sounds for instance).
I have four other Wal basses and each one sounds a bit different (small nuances) but this one sounds a bit more crisp and "modern".
As you can see on the pictures there are some scratches here and there...
My price is the same as the one I paid so I don't want to make any profit but I don't want to lose money either. I paid 3000 Euros (2240 £)
I'm not really looking for trades (I have more than enough basses) and I would prefer a local pick up actually.
That is not an easy solution but if you compare the price of a ticket for the Eurostar and the price for shipment you might be better off picking it up (and trying it out so you know what you are buying). I recently bought a Wal 5 from someone in the UK and it was more expensive sending it than getting it myself. I live about eight miles from Brussels so the connection is not that difficult for true Wal-fanatics. I might consider sending it but I prefer a pick-up since this is a rather rare and great instrument.
For more pictures or information feel free to send me an email
best regards,

Edited by wombatboter

As a previous owner of this bass, I must give it a bump...
It plays great, and is very light for a Wal.
Only a few of these Wal midi basses were made, so get it while you can. The seller is also a standup guy, and great bassplayer
...So don't hessitate. :)

Edited by SpinalTap

[quote name='SpinalTap' post='138489' date='Feb 11 2008, 10:43 PM']As a previous owner of this bass, I must give it a bump...
It plays great, and is very light for a Wal.
Only a few of these Wal midi basses were made, so get it while you can. The seller is also a standup guy, and great bassplayer
...So don't hesitate. :)[/quote]

Thanks for the support, Spinal !
I still have doubts if I am going to sell this one :-) Have thought about it for weeks now and still it seems the wrong thing to do.. But it's such a waste to keep a Wal hanging on the wall.

• 6 months later...

[quote name='jensenmann' post='268331' date='Aug 23 2008, 09:48 AM']Hi
I just found this board while searching for a Wal for sale. Is it still available? I´m very interested since a Wal Midibass is very long on my wishlist.
I´d be glad to hear from you
thanks
Jens[/quote]

It got sold to a German bassplayer after being advertised for a long time on al lot of bass sites... no one seemed to be interested in it.
I got the price back which I paid for it so I didn't want to make any profit also..
Sorry that you didn't get it..

:) :huh: That's right - I got it and it's a real Killer!
Hi there WombatBOTER (see, I'm still able to learn :huh:), cheers again for the great day at your place! I just say funky fingers ... :huh: Couldn't help but attaching a picture ...
In the meantime I've purchased an E-MU Proteus 2000 and now the WAL has become a real orchestra. There really are limitless possibilities, and even without the MIDI this one sounds (and looks) awsome - a great player. Two miliseconds of MIDI latency - two miliseconds! If you're into the MIDI WAL world check out this great player I found on the www by chance:
[url="http://www.4barmusic.co.uk/pages/midihigh.htm"]http://www.4barmusic.co.uk/pages/midihigh.htm[/url]
I know that only about 100 of these killer basses were built by Pete, so the search will be a tough (and an expensive) one.
Best of luck to you!
Cheers Oliver

[quote name='wombatboter' post='268510' date='Aug 23 2008, 05:41 PM']It got sold to a German bassplayer after being advertised for a long time on al lot of bass sites... no one seemed to be interested in it.
I got the price back which I paid for it so I didn't want to make any profit also..
Sorry that you didn't get it..[/quote]