Why become a member? ×

I am not trying to rip of anybody Robert

richardd

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='1208062' date='Apr 22 2011, 10:46 AM']if it helps the relicing like that on a USA std put me off big time.... but if it's a HW1 and it's nitro thats pretty good.[/quote]

It is a Nitro finish Luke :)

[quote name='noelk27' post='1207779' date='Apr 22 2011, 12:54 AM']Comments about the exact model or the official name of the colour are all fine, but comments on the pricing, even if you have legitimate concerns that it may be on the high side, are contrary to the rules of the forum. Just, FYI.[/quote]

Okay, just not good, seeing honest people being ripped off.

I have dealt with Richard in the past and I can say with 100% confidence he is a decent guy and not a rip-off merchant. If he didn't advertise this bass as a HW1 it would have been because he didn't know it was a HW1, I am sure. So lets stop kicking the man

[quote name='Clarky' post='1208733' date='Apr 22 2011, 10:55 PM']I have dealt with Richard in the past and I can say with 100% confidence he is a decent guy and not a rip-off merchant. If he didn't advertise this bass as a HW1 it would have been because he didn't know it was a HW1, I am sure. So lets stop kicking the man[/quote]

Totally agree with Clarky here and would hate to see a long-standing member of the Basschat community beaten up over what is a genuine mistake.

Rich is a lovely guy and 100% honest and a pleasure to deal with.

Time to put the high horses in the stables for the night.

[quote name='richardd' post='1198288' date='Apr 13 2011, 03:32 PM']I cannot sell my MiM jazz so this has to go,A 2003 USA Jazz Bass in CAR fitted with Dimarzio's and a badass huge sounding ,and Tastsefully Reliced.it has no case so collect /meet only or take of the neck and ship,it would be up to you ,No Trades Thank You £630[/quote]

this maybe a Fender high Way 1 but it still a decent bass. Price wise I'm not sure cos everything on Fender is expensive these days. Normal MIM Jazz bass cost around £550.

But to be fair to Richard, he NEVER mention this bass is MIA STD Jazz bass. He only said the bass is 2003 USA Jazz bass and Highway One bass is made in USA. So the statement on the ad is valid ...........

In term of price their is not much to discuss ........ if the buyer think is worth it and cheap then go for it.

[quote name='Clarky' post='1208733' date='Apr 22 2011, 10:55 PM']I have dealt with Richard in the past and I can say with 100% confidence he is a decent guy and not a rip-off merchant. If he didn't advertise this bass as a HW1 it would have been because he didn't know it was a HW1, I am sure. So lets stop kicking the man[/quote]

Everyone is nice on bass chat?! :)
I'll keep hush in the future! didn't mean to upset anyone.
sorry everyone, am i now going to be famous for being nasty? i have a topic with my name on it! :/

IMHO, when I see the words "Member No.: 502" against someone's name I think to myself, "Hmm, this is a guy who's been here a loooong time, & is more than likely going to be a stand up guy & trustworthy. Even if I actually know jack about him I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, rather than think he'd rip for the sake of what? ...... a difference of £200 tops?"

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='1208782' date='Apr 22 2011, 11:43 PM']i don't for the moment think he was trying to rip anyone off, and reading the thread and responses I doubt anyone would think that.[/quote]
Someone did: "Okay, just not good, seeing honest people being ripped off"

Thats why I responded as I did

[quote name='Clarky' post='1208784' date='Apr 22 2011, 11:45 PM']Someone did: "Okay, just not good, seeing honest people being ripped off"

Thats why I responded as I did[/quote]

Ditto how I replied.

I think yeah good to point out what it is and Richardd is maybe mistaken as to what it was... but honestly would anyone think there was anything of 'ripping someone off'?
I think just because someone has made a mistake out of ignorance it would be horrid if ppl though they were the sort of person who would act fraudulently

He's just a man with two very very nice basses for sale (i prefer the look of the MiM)

Oh for fck's sake... ok, from the [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?act=SR&f=19"]RULES AND GUIDELINES ON MARKETPLACE USAGE[/url], and this time in really [b]big[/b] lettering so there can be no misunderstanding...

[size=7]Guidelines for BUYERS

4. If you have a concern with the authenticity/originality/provenance/description etc of an item for sale, do not comment on the seller's thread as these comments will be removed by a moderator. If you believe an item to be fraudulent then please PM a moderator and we will do our best to arbitrate - otherwise simply move along.

5. If you believe the price of the item is too cheap/expensive, then please PM the seller as to why. Do not ridicule or undermine the seller by posting how much you think it's worth or how much it can be gotten for elsewhere, the laws of supply and demand will determine if the item sells at that price.[/size]

Will people please read and inwardly digest? Thank you.