Why become a member? ×

Bass chorus pedal

billrasic

It's very hard to find these used, but I use an EHX Neo Clone. Cost me £50 new, is true bypass (which means no tone suckage when the pedal is off), and sounds very nice! I checked out almost every chorus pedal under £100 and that sounded the best to me. I believe it's exactly the same circuitry as the EHX Small Clone which was used on Nirvana's Come As You Are, only even smaller :)

[quote name='0175westwood29' post='1197679' date='Apr 13 2011, 12:28 AM']And dnt be tempted by the behringer bass chorus its imho utter crap, its cheap and thats the only plus[/quote]

+1

Only get one if you REALLY can't afford anything else. I got a temporary compressor for £16 from them because I 'needed' one while I was saving up for my Aguilar. Don't miss it for a moment :)

[quote name='chrismuzz' post='1197352' date='Apr 12 2011, 09:27 PM']It's very hard to find these used, but I use an EHX Neo Clone. Cost me £50 new, is true bypass (which means no tone suckage when the pedal is off), and sounds very nice! I checked out almost every chorus pedal under £100 and that sounded the best to me. I believe it's exactly the same circuitry as the EHX Small Clone which was used on Nirvana's Come As You Are, only even smaller :)[/quote]
+1

I use an EHX Clone Theory.
It's a chorus/vibrato blend pedal and you can set it to either blend the chorus and the vibrato together, or you can use the effects on their own. It's pretty cool! I got it for £65 from the for sale section.

Truckstop

hi there
if you can get hold of a boss bf2b bass flanger on ebay BUY ONE!!!!!!
WHY? because they chorus & flange the upper frequencies only & with some tweeking sound
as good if not better than some pedals three times the price" l....therefore leaving the low end untouched!!!!!
the reason they sound so good?????ANALOG.....of course.

[quote name='paulo m' post='1202762' date='Apr 17 2011, 05:28 PM']hi there
if you can get hold of a boss bf2b bass flanger on ebay BUY ONE!!!!!!
WHY? because they chorus & flange the upper frequencies only[/quote]

The BF2-B is a flanger, not a chorus pedal and although the effects are very similar in theory, they sound very different.

OP: You can see that there are a lot of very good chorus pedals at fairly low price points in the grand scheme of things. I use a Boss CEB-3 (bought second hand here for about £40) as it has a filter (just like the suggested BF2-B above) that can make the chorus more subtle.

My general advice would be to buy second hand here. For ease, I've posted some links for you below (I should say I've not played any of these pedals, but I'm giving you the links to help):
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=128985&hl=chorus"]Boss CE2B £40[/url]
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=130539&hl=chorus"]DOD Deep Freeze £30[/url]
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=125232&hl=chorus"]EBS UniChorus £75 (this is sold but gives you an idea of price)[/url]

Also, what are you hoping to use it for. I play in a three piece now and I chose mine to add some depth to the backing sound during solos. If you want something as more of a lead chorus sound for bass solos, maybe ehx or digitech are the way to go?