Why become a member? ×

Tutors in West London

Tandro

Hi,

Just inquiring as to any teachers in and around West London, or anybody recommended in that area? Will have to put up with (what I consider) a beginner. Looking for proper guidance and a real grounding in the basics of bass playing and music and taking it from there upwards. Thanks all...

[quote name='Tandro' post='1193477' date='Apr 9 2011, 02:40 AM']Hi,

Just inquiring as to any teachers in and around West London, or anybody recommended in that area? Will have to put up with (what I consider) a beginner. Looking for proper guidance and a real grounding in the basics of bass playing and music and taking it from there upwards. Thanks all...[/quote]
Try Tom Kenrick, BC user name is TKenrick [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showuser=3018"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showuser=3018[/url] He is based in Chiswick and is a very good teacher and pro player who will fit the bill nicely, I think

[quote name='tarcher' post='1193733' date='Apr 9 2011, 12:57 PM']I can reccomend the guy that teaches me in Carpenders Park in between Harrow and Watford.
Where abouts are you.[/quote]

Thanks for all the replies guys. I am soon to be moving to Cowley and I'll have to be using public transport, so accessibility by bus/tube will have to be the way. Chiswick could be good, pretty much Picadilly line straight from Uxbridge. tarcher, if I can make my way to your teacher could be an option too, let me know.
@Platypus - I'll look up stickman too, thanks!

Edited by Tandro

Theres a couple of teachers based in Acton I believe which would be of more convenience to you.
Carpenders Park looks really awkward to get to from Cowley/Uxbridge.
You could get 2 buses takes about an hour
Take the met line to harrow and then bus from harrow to cp
Then its about a ten minute walk from the station to his house
There are a couple of other routes as well(theiPhone does have its uses)
The journeys are not too bad reallybut bloody hell cars do make life so much easier.

[quote name='tarcher' post='1193900' date='Apr 9 2011, 05:01 PM']The journeys are not too bad reallybut bloody hell cars do make life so much easier.[/quote]

Cars? You talking 'bout them there newfangled doohickies with the black circular doodads on 'em....if so, then yeah, they would make life easier :)
But I might end up wanting to spend any spare cash on a bass...no no no, I won't do that, cause I am putting my pennies into lessons! (must remember)

• 1 year later...

[quote name='Platypus' timestamp='1302344688' post='1193646']
Basschatter Stickman teaches and he's based in Action - I seem to remember seeing posts here to that effect..
[/quote]

Thanks Platypus, yes that's right I teach - I've moved from Acton and am in Ealing Broadway now, just a 10 minute walk from the tube station so easy to get to.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/180288-bass-tuition-available-in-west-london/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/180288-bass-tuition-available-in-west-london/[/url]

[quote name='kiat' timestamp='1364604810' post='2028885']
Can also highly recommend Tom Kenrick in West London who I studied with a while back. Great lessons tailored to suit goals.
[/quote]

Thanks Kiat, hope all is well with you!

• 2 weeks later...

Now realised that its 2 years to the day since starting this post. I too went to Tom Kenrick shortly after that, and still do! His patience (especially with me, heh) and ability to help one develop has helped me so much. I can't recommend him enough.