Why become a member? ×

Lovely chrome Warwick Streamer on t'bay!

Pedro1020

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WARWICK-CHROME-STREAMER-CT-BASS-INC-GIG-BAG-L-K_W0QQitemZ150213906326QQihZ005QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WARWICK-CHROME-STREA...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

Can;t get much more gorgeous than that....though I (personally) would never get a chrome one hehe..

If only it had LED's and an extra string...it be kinda close to the CHROME ENDER...

Edited by Pedro1020

[quote name='Thunderthumbs' post='136184' date='Feb 7 2008, 11:47 PM']Nah mate...wanna see a REALLY sexy Streamer?

Alexis Sadler's all white (including neck) is beautiful. Check out his version of "Hooked Up" too...sounds very nice (although not on his Streamer).

[/quote]

;) W........O...........W!! I love that bass....but it strangely reminds me of Zenders all white one :huh: so its slightly unoriginal though lovely all the same.

[url="http://www.stuartzender.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=159"]http://www.stuartzender.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=159[/url] LINK: Exactemondo bass of Zenders, which must have inspired Alexis to get one me thinks..

He's actually a good bass player, nice tonality and a vibrant technique....but his majority of effects depends on what Stuart Zender used, a Boss ME8B? not sure, but it sounds the same..

lol but in all fairness....admittedly, the Streamer you sold me is *OFFICIALLY*.....The SEX!! :) :brow: Hell Yeah!!..

[quote name='Mr Cougar' post='136706' date='Feb 8 2008, 05:01 PM']I've been sorely tested by one of these before, they look awesome, great players, they obviously picked good instruments to chrome up, trouble is, after a while they are just streamers.[/quote]

What's that supposed to mean? :)

[quote name='josh3184' post='136732' date='Feb 8 2008, 05:45 PM']What's that supposed to mean? :)[/quote]

lol I think he means, after all the mods or additions you can apply to a Streamer...at the end of the day its not different to what you had it originally?

:wacko: I may be wrong tho...haha

[quote name='Higgie' post='136418' date='Feb 8 2008, 12:00 PM']Alexis is a good friend of mine - He actually now has 2 of the white basses (which WERE inspired by Zender's) but the first one got a crack in the body from flying internationally, so he had a second one made.[/quote]
Ah, so are you "the friend the UK" accredited with getting the LEDs etc. done for him?

[quote name='mxm' post='137195' date='Feb 9 2008, 06:05 PM']That said, wasnt Stu Zenders' a chrome 5 with green leds ??!![/quote]

Yup, it was...a nice one at that, tho I hardly saw it live much..on TOTP's when the did Deeper Underground.

I like Zender's Bass nowadays...he's matured, and using a quality Precision..original strings apparently..so no insane slap solo's :) . Bandwise, I wish he wud have stuck with his projects and not dis-continued them. Mark Ronson's cover band seems little to the original music he modify's / covers. If you watch the new vid "Just" which sounds utterly pointless against the original (all he's added horn section...maybe more) It copies the Radiohead vid...and there is a quote in it that cudn't tell the truth even more about his music..:huh:

[quote name='Thunderthumbs' post='137242' date='Feb 9 2008, 07:09 PM']I wasn't a great fan of "Valerie" to be honest. I still much prefer The Zutons version.

But today, I heard another cover from that CD that in my book is sacrilege......Pretty Green (by The Jam originally).....it's absolutely horrendous :)[/quote]

lol my point exactly, I liked the rough sound the Zutons provided...Where are they now? I wonder, They did some nice stuff. All Ronson merely does with his "covers" is change the singer and amatuerly jazzes them up..

I (personally) think its a waste of time to add so little to good songs...Just how long he last's is on my mind *ponders* because "He does none of his own stuff!...the lazy bastard :huh:"

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Higgie' post='136418' date='Feb 8 2008, 07:00 AM']Alexis is a good friend of mine - He actually now has 2 of the white basses (which WERE inspired by Zender's) but the first one got a crack in the body from flying internationally, so he had a second one made.[/quote]

Ahh Higgeth... good to see ya on here matey!

Here's a pic of the whole family together:

Those basses were definitely inspired by Zender's bass... Although as far as originality goes, Prince had 3 all-white thumb basses (one of which he gave to Rhonda Smith) and Sonny Thompson had an all-white Dolphin. All stunning basses.

Oh and lets not forget Larry Graham and his all-white Moon Basses :)

Glad you guys like the vids!!

Lex