Why become a member? ×

Practice bass???

chipmunk_jr

I'm looking for a backup/practice bass. I currently have an Epiphone Thunderbird Pro V and as my backup/practice bass a Washburn B10. My Washburn is older than I am and is very badly damaged (warped neck, broken machine head and large amounts of damage to the body.) so I am now currently looking for something cheap to peactice with and if needed to backup my bird. Any suggestion?????

UG

I am just about to put my Westone Thunder 1A up for sale. Very good nick for it's age, even has an original (but tatty) Westone fitted hard case. Monster sounding bass and REALLY well made. More solidly built than your Epi.... :) (I had one not long ago). Too heavy for me now.

I'd be looking for £120 plus postage. If it is remotely of interest I'll send pics etc but I only really decided yesterday.

I have ended up with 3 great basses, all of which I am happy to pick up and gig with. I restrung them all at the same time a few weeks ago and I am now practicing a form of crop rotation, not unlike my Medieval antecedents.

if you can get another bass you will be happy to play all the time if it came to the crunch.

Yamaha RBX270. Versatility of p/j config, well built, comfortable, easy to play, lots of potential for mods. I bought one in VGC end of last year for £70 and hot-rodded it and it sounds and feels awesome. Way better than a squier or even a MIM IMHO.

Have a look:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=121667&hl=best+%A3200+bass"]basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=121667&hl=best+%A3200+bass[/url]

[quote name='TRBboy' post='1191345' date='Apr 7 2011, 07:13 AM']Yamaha RBX270. Versatility of p/j config, well built, comfortable, easy to play, lots of potential for mods. I bought one in VGC end of last year for £70 and hot-rodded it and it sounds and feels awesome. Way better than a squier or even a MIM IMHO.

Have a look:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=121667&hl=best+%A3200+bass"]basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=121667&hl=best+%A3200+bass[/url][/quote]
I just bought one of these for £40 today, And I am well happy with it. thx.

[quote name='chipmunk_jr' post='1193320' date='Apr 8 2011, 09:25 PM']I just bought one of these for £40 today, And I am well happy with it. thx.[/quote]

Awesome, what a bargain! Are you planning to mod it? What colour did you get?

[quote name='TRBboy' post='1193353' date='Apr 8 2011, 10:08 PM']Awesome, what a bargain! Are you planning to mod it? What colour did you get?[/quote]

I got it i'n a bit of a bad shape. I need a now jack for it, the paint work is rect. So I was thinking of sanding it down and painting it black and White. Also depending on what the pickups are like I mite replace them.