Why become a member? ×

Any way of identifying BCers at gigs??

mrtcat

Is there any way of identifying fellow BCers at gigs? I'm thinking about like a subtle logo somewhere on our kit or a t-shirt emblem. Don't want to suggest some kind of secret society (although my missus is fairly convinced BC is another branch of the freemasons) or anything but would be nice to know another BCer when I'm either playing or watching as it's a chance to say hi.

[quote name='charic' post='1189117' date='Apr 5 2011, 03:25 PM']I've always thought this would be a good thing too. I love meeting BC'ers and would probably wear a pendant or something quite happily :)[/quote]

Really good idea. Could be a bit more subtle than that though, like a bit of blue tape on yer lead, plain white badge on yer strap, or something like that.

It's easy. The Basschatter will be the one who doesn't look at the lead guitarist or the singer but instead focuses on your fingers, then comes up to you at the break and says "[i]I reckon you need to up the low mids a bit [/i]...."

Edited by Happy Jack

[quote name='mrtcat' post='1189140' date='Apr 5 2011, 03:36 PM']Maybe BC could do those rubber wrist bands (like the lance armstrong Livestrong ones) and only sell to BCers with any profit going to charity?[/quote]
Another good idea, i'm in.
Should we go down this route, does anyone know about how to source / obtain custom wristbands?

[quote name='Clarky' post='1189151' date='Apr 5 2011, 03:40 PM']there's always the uber-cool BassChat T-shirts, of which I am a proud owner :lol:[/quote]

Nah, that looks sh*te over my 'Gene Simmons' outfit.... :) :lol: :D :P :)

[quote name='mrtcat' post='1189140' date='Apr 5 2011, 03:36 PM']Maybe BC could do those rubber wrist bands (like the lance armstrong Livestrong ones) and only sell to BCers with any profit going to charity?[/quote]
That is actually quite a good idea. Like it.

[quote name='icastle' post='1189156' date='Apr 5 2011, 03:42 PM']Oi !
I still have a full head of hair and as for my dress sense, I still have a full head of hair... :)[/quote]
Hahahaha.

Wait til you've been a BC member for a bit longer. I swear it's this place that ruined my hairline.

[quote name='cetera' post='1189153' date='Apr 5 2011, 03:42 PM']Nah, that looks sh*te over my 'Gene Simmons' outfit.... :) :lol: :D :P :)[/quote]
I'd like a load of BC'ers to turn up to one of silddx's funky, cool gigs all wearing Kiss outfits :lol:

[quote name='Johnston' post='1189163' date='Apr 5 2011, 03:46 PM']Yeah but then you're probably the only BC'er another would recognise without needing a previous introduction or a second glance .

Unless someone mistakenly turns up at a real kiss gig and starts talking gear. Man that could be embarrassing :) :)[/quote]

Lol! Yep, especially when Gene's eyes glaze over and he starts chatting up your lady instead.... :lol: