Why become a member? ×

Ampeg combo's

mr.sibs

I am downsizing as i cant get my 4x10 around and was wondering if anyone had had any experience with these. im looking at the cheaper models, namely the BA115, but havnt really got the opportunity to try one out. I enjoy a very punchy trace style bass tone, quite light and not to boomy and definately not muddy and id really appreciate any insight.. thanks

I have a BA115HP (the 220w version) I'm very impressed with it but don't use it very loudly at all. It's not that boomy but it IS a 15" and not a 4x10 so yo uhave to bear that in mind. The features are pretty basic and th horn is a little hissy but that's about it. You can get a pretty good Ampeg tone out of it and it compares well with my SVT4Pro.

For gigs a long way away where I am DI'ing and not relying on it solely for FOH then I do use this amp a lot.

Dunno if you can disconnect it but it has an attenuator control on the back of the cab for the horn so you can turn it all the way off.

Interesting point, the HP version is on wheels and does not have the tilt back function as per the pic you posted. Don't know if it makes any difference.