Why become a member? ×

Ashdown MiBass

eude

[quote name='pgolowacz' timestamp='1373222499' post='2135000']
yes, thats right. I just wonder what will be when this another 8Ohm cab is 210 and much weaker than 410 (even not 300W + 750W ) :) Will it be big difference comparing to mibass with only 410? In this set ( 410 + 210) amp will use 280W on each cab in 4Ohms and this 280W is almost limit of this 210...so probably I will have to reduce a bit volume on amp ..and Im not sure if then will be better than with single but strong 410 cab...
[/quote]

It will be fine. Just remember to stop playing if it goes on fire. :)

Is anybody using a one cab solution for utilising the full power of the MiBass 550.

I currently run two Mi12 cab's but would be interested in a similar sized one cab solution.

I guess any cab of at least 500w and 4ohms would be suitable, any recommendations?

[quote name='basskit_case' timestamp='1373288443' post='2135657']
Is anybody using a one cab solution for utilising the full power of the MiBass 550.

I currently run two Mi12 cab's but would be interested in a similar sized one cab solution.

I guess any cab of at least 500w and 4ohms would be suitable, any recommendations?
[/quote]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I run My MiBass 550 through a 4 ohm Eminence Kappa 15" speaker I fitted in my old Ashdown Cab. Sounds great and is plenty loud enough to compete with loud drummer and AC30 equipped guitarist.[/font][/color]

I just grabbed one of these amps the other day but has come without the manual. Does anyone out there have a digital copy of the manual they'd please be able to share or possibly scan in a hard copy (big ask I know)?

Cheers

[quote name='unol' timestamp='1373359045' post='2136534']
I just grabbed one of these amps the other day but has come without the manual. Does anyone out there have a digital copy of the manual they'd please be able to share or possibly scan in a hard copy (big ask I know)?

Cheers
[/quote]

I had the same issue, managed to get hold of a scanned copy of the manual, if you pm me your email address I can send it over. Having said that I would also appreciate a PDF copy.

[quote name='unol' timestamp='1373359045' post='2136534']

Cheers
[/quote]

If you email Ashdown they will email you one (they did for me). Unfortunately it was more than a dozen JPGs rather than a PDF.

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1373306135' post='2135943']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I run My MiBass 550 through a 4 ohm Eminence Kappa 15" speaker I fitted in my old Ashdown Cab. Sounds great and is plenty loud enough to compete with loud drummer and AC30 equipped guitarist.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

I'm planning on doing the same with an EBS 4 ohm 650w cab I got off here recently. It'll be fine just to run the cab off one of the amp outputs right? (provided I don't put another cab into the other output)

[quote name='unol' timestamp='1373378569' post='2136890']
I'm planning on doing the same with an EBS 4 ohm 650w cab I got off here recently. It'll be fine just to run the cab off one of the amp outputs right? (provided I don't put another cab into the other output)
[/quote]

Yes just run cab out of one output. If you plug another cab through the other output you'll reduce the impedance below 4 ohms ,which is the minimum the amp is designed for, and you risk damaging the amp.