Why become a member? ×

Les Paul UK luthier built custom

This is a truly Awesome Guitar it plays sounds out of this world and sustains forever !!!
And at £1100 thats a massive saving....

Completely custom built by Andy Viccars www.andyviccarscustoms.co.uk

All the things we like about Gibsons and the result is a truly amazing guitar built over a period of nearly a year.

The guitar has been made using only the very best quality in woods found in the Gibson Supreme models that retail at around £4000 +

Everything on the guitar has been done by hand from the shaping and carving of the Mahogany wood and Maple cap to the hand cut genuine Abalone inlays, even the pickups are Bare Knuckle Riff Raff hand made pick ups (http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/main/pickups.php?cat=humbuckers&sub=vintage&pickup=riff_raff)

The guitar whieghs in at just over 8lbs

The pickups are tapped by being wired with a push-push pot on one of the tone controls.

The neck profile is chunky based on the 50's neck profile (more wood more sustain) and utilises chunky frets.

The tuners are vintage Grover Deluxe tuners (for more stability in keeping in tune than Klusons)

The finish is based on the early Les Pauls with the tear drop style fade over the tobacco burst and of course this was done using Nitro cellulose.

The truss rod cover is a genuine 1965 Gibson Custom cover.

The headstock bares the makers logo in Abalone and a gold leaf water transfer

The guitar is also fitted with straplocs and has never had a scratch plate fitted so no unsightly holes but you can always add one if you wish.

Included with the guitar is a Tan Les Paul pink lined guitar case.

I welcome anyone to come and try the guitar if they so wish and if you have any questions you can email

Edited by tino

Pix Pix Pix Pix Pix Pix Pix Pix Pix Pix Pix Pix Pix Pix Pix Pix Pix Pix Pix Pix Pix Pix Pix Pix

Where are the pix??????????????

Andy did a very good job on reprofiling frets that I thought were dead a couple of years ago. I bought an american strat (here!) and all the middle frets had been stoned flat! I thought that it was going to be an expensive refret (maple neck) but he brought them back from the dead.

I'd be interested myself but I couldn't wait that long ....