Why become a member? ×

BASS POLL -Your opinion greatly appreciated!

All thumbs

bass 2 has more presence and clearer treble definition.... which on other comparisons between Fender CS and Squire basses has been the only way to distinguish them. With regard to recording and live performance, i tend to find the actual bass has a much smaller impact than the, gear it is run / recorded through. put a fairly rubbish bass through a decent pre-amp / amp / pedalboard, and you'll get a decent sound out the other end. the bigger plus points of a decent bass are, the build quality, holding its tuning, ease of playing/quality of the neck. this is where for me a quality bass starts to pull ahead, as you can play a really basic quality bass well for a certain length of time, but then it can start to become annoying when certain things start to niggle. I prefer to have a bass that i know i can pull out and know exactly how well it's going to play.

For me both basses sounded good (excellent playing BTW!) but bass 2 had a more "full" sound, which is something I'm after in a next bass.... Still liked Bass1 but bass2 just has something I'm looking for at the mo so that's where I leaned. Having said that, I used to own a Streamer LX and had no idea that bass 2 was the Streamer... Had no idea bass 1 was short scale - like you said most shorties go for the thud sound rather than anything more complex.