Why become a member? ×

A bit of Fun

bassboy115

Im bored so here goes.
If you cold make your own bass with no restrictions what would it be.
Forget about how it would look, How it would play together, the weight, the sound...

Basically pick bits of basses you love and put em together!

Mine would be:
Jazz neck with maple neck,
rickenbacker 4003 body in fireglow,
Music man Humbucker pickup, active and passive like on sandberg's,

Acctually that was quite hard to decide!

Ive just realised this is actually quite a rubbish and pointless topic but hey as i said im bored!

Let's hear em then!

Alex

I used to think about this all the time, but now I actually have exactly what I want (3 times over) and I never forget how lucky I am for it.

Your bass sounds interesting - not sure how a jazz neck would look with a rick body shape, but I have definitely seen a rick copy with a humbucker somewhere before.

Cheers
ped

I love the way Thunderbirds look with a Spector neck/headstock.

On my PC I also have a great shot of a very old Jazz with a pair of Musicman pickups and what I believe is a BadAss II bridge. I guess that with a bound rosewood board w/block inlays would be kinda peachy.

P

Edited by NancyJohnson

Through-neck headless five, twin neck, fretted and unlined fretless, neck profile the same as my Antoniotsai fretted 5, probably EMG pickups, body shape similar to Sei Flamboyant, wenge fretboards, maple/wenge laminate, not sure about body wood but probably a spalted or burled maple cap. Week after next would be fine.

[quote name='bassboy115' post='133952' date='Feb 4 2008, 10:31 PM']O and a m8 of my dads has got a spector like that!

Hes a member on here somewhere![/quote]

Spector make a Rex model bass - it's a bit like a T-bird but the bottom cutaway is scooped out a bit more - it's likely to be one of these as the Nikki Sixx models were custom builds...not many about and he destroyed two on live TV in Moscow the S.O.B..

Cetera has a nice Fernandez copy of the Spector Thunderbird that Nikki Sixx used during the early nineties - the body is just flipped 180 degrees. Ishibashi had one for sale for under £100 recently.

P

[quote name='NancyJohnson' post='133899' date='Feb 4 2008, 09:28 PM']I love the way Thunderbirds look with a Spector neck/headstock.

On my PC I also have a great shot of a very old Jazz with a pair of Musicman pickups and what I believe is a BadAss II bridge. I guess that with a bound rosewood board w/block inlays would be kinda peachy.

P[/quote]
Rather like a Gibson RD and an MM Sabre in fact.........
(shamelessly plugging my own basses!)

My memory a little sketchy...Sixx threw a black Spector T-Bird and destroyed a Gibson one. If you're interested click here or search on the Moscow Peace Festival. He's using the 'good' Spector for most of the gig and changes to the aforementioned black one just before they start smashing things up.

[url="http://youtube.com/watch?v=N-7Zwy9KEII&feature=related"]http://youtube.com/watch?v=N-7Zwy9KEII&feature=related[/url]

I can't advocate the destroying of gear, but it's quite entertaining (and a bit shocking) in it's own way. Especially the Gibson. Thump! ...and I thought Thunderbirds had issues with weakness around the headstock.

P