Why become a member? ×

Bass? What Bass?

tomb

ok, dont know if this is in the wrong section or not but what the hell... at the moment im going crazy...

so i ordered my rig from Thomann and all seemed to go well until i get this

what i ordered
[quote]quantity item unit price total
already shipped 1 pc THE SSSNAKE IPP1060 item #: 128550 3.55 EUR 3.55 EUR
already shipped 1 pc HERCULES STANDS GS302B E-GUITAR/BASS item #: 255947 15.70 EUR 15.70 EUR
already shipped 1 pc GHS FAST FRET item #: 104761 4.99 EUR 4.99 EUR
already shipped 1 pc SWR LA15 item #: 147145 Weight: 22.5kg. 215.00 EUR 215.00 EUR
already shipped 1 pc IBANEZ SR300-ROM item #: 240926 315.00 EUR 315.00 EUR
total price: 554.24 EUR[/quote]

what i payed
[quote]Payment Methods:

receipt # payment method amount
10928212 Bank Transfer 554.24 EUR[/quote]

what they sent
[quote]date type description remarks
21.03.2011 Invoice Receipt # 10928212 issued for 554.24 EUR.
21.03.2011 15:31 Shipping Parcel shipped (23.08kg by Post/DHL International)
contents:
1x 147145 SWR LA15

parcel number: 166616761741
21.03.2011 15:34 Shipping Parcel shipped (2.14kg by Post/DHL International)
contents:
1x 128550 THE SSSNAKE IPP1060
1x 104761 GHS FAST FRET
1x 255947 HERCULES STANDS GS302B E-Guitar/Bass

parcel number: 166616761987[/quote]

every item was available so i wonder why the bass wasnt here. i sent them an email and they called back saying that i had not ordered a Bass... i asked him how much did tehy receive and he confirmed the amount and then i asked him to add the price of all the items they sent and see if there was any difference. he found a difference of.... wait for it.... 315€! corresponding to the bass i ordered. the guy goes on saying that he will have to contact the person that was in charge of my order.
one hour later they call saying that the person was away on holiday now and that i would have to wait for the 28th...

WTF am i supposed to do!? AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Edited by tomb

Ah, I see......

Personally, I would kick up a fuss about it. You have confirmation email, etc. from when you ordered right?

Ask whether they do have stock or not. If yes, ask why your bass has not been delivered and demand it to be shipped tomorrow on the fastest delivery service.

If they don't have stock, ask why was their website incorrect. Tell them that you ordered from them because the website said they had it in stock, and you needed it in a hurry. Tell them that if they can't tell you when it will be with you, you would like a full refund immediately and will buy from elsewhere.

If they say it's going to be weeks, it's up to you to make a decision on what you want to do. I think if their website was wrong, you'd be quite within your rights to ask for a refund.

I have had numerous dealings with Thomann. They have always been good with me.
I am sure if you speak to someone they will sort it for you.

As for buying in the UK...

1) I ordered a an Ashdown Little Giant from Soundslive.co.uk.
The head was out of order and didn't work when it arrived. I had to ship it back and get a refund.
The chaps there were very nice and professional. But, it was a bummer to receive a new head that doesn't work :-((

2) I never received my Markbass Traveler 102P from the (London) BASS CENTRE.
They wouldn't give me a refund either and kept patronizing me over the phone... I went to my bank and disputed the transaction to obtain the refund.
I got my refund in the end. I will never shop with them ever again.

[quote]date type description remarks
21.03.2011 Invoice Receipt # 10928212 issued for 554.24 EUR.
21.03.2011 15:31 Shipping Parcel shipped (23.08kg by Post/DHL International)
contents:
1x 147145 SWR LA15

parcel number: 166616761741
21.03.2011 15:34 Shipping Parcel shipped (2.14kg by Post/DHL International)
contents:
1x 128550 THE SSSNAKE IPP1060
1x 104761 GHS FAST FRET
1x 255947 HERCULES STANDS GS302B E-Guitar/Bass

parcel number: 166616761987[/quote]

Is this what the delivery note says? If you haven't signed for it then it's not your problem. I would keep on at them until they either promise you that it will arrive soon (and fix a date), or give you a refund for it.

I'd tell them that waiting until the 28th is unacceptable.

Ask them to double check the transaction to confirm that they've debited €315 from you. Then have them check what items were sent out to you. If there is a mismatch between the two totals (which they already seem to agree there is), politely demand that they send you out the bass. If they have no record of you ordering the bass, tell them you'd like to order it now (assuming it's in stock) and have the €315 they owe you credited to this order.

If they won't play ball tell them that you're cancelling the order for the bass and demand that your money is credited to your account immediately. It's ridiculous that they expect you to wait a week just to hear why they have you money but won't fulfil your order. I'd love to hear their explanation!

I'd wait to see what gets delivered. The things that you ordered seem to fit nicely into three packages: the amp in one, The little stuff all together in the 2nd and the bass in the 3rd. It was only yesterday that the first 2 packages were dispatched. My guess would be that the third will be dispatched today.

[quote]View Orders back to the orders list

order # 201109.345089

customer number: 3499947
ordering date: 02.03.2011
kind of order: customer request/order

person in charge
Bianca Kühnert Lima
0049 9546/9223 645
[email protected]

according to them all items have been shipped but there isnt a pack with the bass...

[quote]Holland Thomann
to me

show details 13:55 (2 minutes ago)

Dear Paulo,

Your bass has been shipped today in a new parcel.

The bass is on its way to you, no worries.

In case you receive 2 basses please let us know and we will arrange for 1 to be returned.

I hope this information helps you.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Johan de Champs[/quote]

err... lol?

Make sure you double check that everything you've ordered is in the boxes BEFORE you sign anything. Thomann are very cool in dealing with mistakes - but they do advise you check everything. Otherwise it's your word against theirs as technically your signature means the bass was in the box when it turns out it wasn't. Then Thomann would have every right to think you're pulling a fast one. So -once again: double check that everything you've ordered is in the boxes [b]BEFORE[/b] you sign anything.

Delivery guys are usually cool if you explain what's going on. I had a guy wait ten minutes at least while I unpacked my double bass from Thomann to make sure there were no cracks, open seams, etc.

Thomann's return policy and customer service is solid. And like other's have pointed out (and I have frustratingly experienced) - definitely a step above some UK stores.

[quote name='Johnston' post='1176274' date='Mar 25 2011, 06:13 PM']Tomb. I reckon you should calm down a little. Excitement and everything that goes with an incoming NBD, we all get it. But if you get worked up over everything that doesn't go to exactly to plan you'll be in the rubber room and the funny jacket in no time.

All couriers can be crap. I've had dealings with practically them all where I live and can't think of one that goes beyond local deliveries that hasn't caused trouble at some time or another. If you stopped using every company that uses a courier that has caused problems you'll find that you'll just be using your local store and picking up the gear yourself.[/quote]

+1