Why become a member? ×

Fender MiM Jazz Bass in Olympic White/Torte

richardd

Agree totally.

If I didn't have 3x G&L's and an orange trans Jazz I would have bought this ages ago, in fact I'm trying to justify it in my head!
I suspect a lot of people are thinking like this because there are so many bargains to be had here.

Crikey that maple neck......
with white....

aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh go away Rich :)

[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='1208806' date='Apr 23 2011, 12:18 AM']Hi! Free bump.

I'm just interested in your views Of the Delano pups compared to say the standard alnico ones that will be present in your 03' US jazz?[/quote]

Not sure if this is a tongue in cheek P ss take, (see my 03 thread) but the ones in my 03 are DImarzio's as stated ,so really cannot compare. :)

To Tom and Kalfer,You are right, I am not going to drop the price,there are great basses out there not selling, think some people want you to give them away,but we have all lost hundreds in the past,this has to stop somewhere,good luck with your sales Regards Rich

Edited by richardd

yeah I see where it coming from. I think we go low enough on price already, I had my warwick up for awhile and not much offer too, some cheeky offer but thats about it. It really their is so much we can drop, otherwise is not worth selling it.

That jazz still attracts me.

[quote name='richardd' post='1208916' date='Apr 23 2011, 08:48 AM']Not sure if this is a tongue in cheek P ss take, (see my 03 thread) but the ones in my 03 are DImarzio's as stated ,so really cannot compare. :)

To Tom and Kalfer,You are right, I am not going to drop the price,there are great basses out there not selling, think some people want you to give them away,but we have all lost hundreds in the past,this has to stop somewhere,good luck with your sales Regards Rich[/quote]

Sorry my bad I just wasnt paying attention. I'm staying very far away from all that business.
In that case how do the delanos sound in general ?

As in output? Even-ness across each sting, frequency range, voicing in general?

Hi Sorry to imply,I am no techno but to me the Delano's have a hotter output than regular Fender standard pick ups,if you get a chance to to try them do so,lots of German made basses install them ,I think you will be impressed,with very even pole pieces on the pickup's :) my bass is currently at Electro music Doncaster if you are local,Rich :)

[quote name='richardd' post='1208388' date='Apr 22 2011, 03:28 PM']Bump :) Cannot understand why people will pay £700 for a MiM Roadworn and I only want £400 for this amazing bass.now't so funny as folk :)[/quote]

I wouldn't fall into the trap of thinking because they are made in the same place, they are basically the same bass. The Road Worn series are outstanding basses.

And at almost £1k new £700 is actually a fair saving.

Good luck with the sale.

[quote name='richardd' post='1210150' date='Apr 24 2011, 05:21 PM']Just trying to sell my Bass :)[/quote]

Hi, lovely bass and I'm sure it sounds and plays fab but honestly I think it is slightly over priced by £25/£50 (please don't take it the wrong way) but at the end of the day mods and all - it is only a MIM which you can get new for £510. VGC 2nd hand MIMs fetch around £275-£300 and I have have modded a couple of basses myself and have been told by various people that it can de-value the bass (I'm sure you know this yourself).

No offence meant by this by the way and at the end of the day - if you manage to sell it for £400 then its obviously worth it to the person buying :))

Just think you would have more interest shown (naturally) - I'm sure somebody would snap your hand off.

Freddie

FFS how many times do people have to be told,

"if you disagree with somebody's pricing, PM them!!"

New Fenders seem to be going up every couple of months at the moment.
Glad you've sold it Rich, well done for sticking to your guns. As for the Highway 1, some of them were the legendary "transitionals", ie if they ran out of something on the spec, they used something else (confirmed to me by Fender).

I swear, if one more person disagrees with my pricing on my RARE (YES IT BLOODY WELL IS IN BRITAIN!!!) White '75 reissue Jazz, I am going to go a kick a kitten!
Karl.

[quote name='karlfer' post='1210337' date='Apr 24 2011, 08:39 PM']FFS how many times do people have to be told,

"if you disagree with somebody's pricing, PM them!!"

New Fenders seem to be going up every couple of months at the moment.
Glad you've sold it Rich, well done for sticking to your guns. As for the Highway 1, some of them were the legendary "transitionals", ie if they ran out of something on the spec, they used something else (confirmed to me by Fender).

I swear, if one more person disagrees with my pricing on my RARE (YES IT BLOODY WELL IS IN BRITAIN!!!) White '75 reissue Jazz, I am going to go a kick a kitten!
Karl.[/quote]

Why does this keep happening to this sellers threads?

[quote name='steelman' post='1210481' date='Apr 24 2011, 11:00 PM']Why does this keep happening to this sellers threads?[/quote]

Generally.....
Basschat has an interesting way of working out the 'worth' of a bass, it's interesting to watch.
Because the market seems to have bottomed out a while back.... the prices new started going up several years back. Secondhand prices, esp on basschat, stayed pretty low. I remember seeing a MIM P bass up for £150. But then if people have less money, say £50 desposable income a week rather than £100 the difference between £400 and £350 will seem much bigger, esp as the same item new will be over double that now.
So sellers will be less likely to slash the (perceived) second hand value of their basses. Take stingrays for instance... you could get one for just over £500 ish a while back, but you would be mad to sell it at that low price. so you stick it up at £1000 and see what happens.
People also seem to be going for more traditional styles, so fender are back big style - and then they hike their prices up and that change gets reflected quicker in the secondhand market.
Also worth thinking about.... as there seem to be a greater proportion of trades rather than sales you do yourself no favours dropping your price, and you suddenly start getting offered overpriced squiers in trade for your dirt cheap custom job. Not good.
So a lot of basses are looking more expensive than they were 6 months ago. Some folk are having trouble adapting to that and make daft posts.

Specifically why this seller? who knows.

(one day warwicks will be in fashion again! :) )

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='1210531' date='Apr 25 2011, 12:05 AM']Generally.....
Basschat has an interesting way of working out the 'worth' of a bass, it's interesting to watch.
Because the market seems to have bottomed out a while back.... the prices new started going up several years back. Secondhand prices, esp on basschat, stayed pretty low. I remember seeing a MIM P bass up for £150. But then if people have less money, say £50 desposable income a week rather than £100 the difference between £400 and £350 will seem much bigger, esp as the same item new will be over double that now.
So sellers will be less likely to slash the (perceived) second hand value of their basses. Take stingrays for instance... you could get one for just over £500 ish a while back, but you would be mad to sell it at that low price. so you stick it up at £1000 and see what happens.
People also seem to be going for more traditional styles, so fender are back big style - and then they hike their prices up and that change gets reflected quicker in the secondhand market.
Also worth thinking about.... as there seem to be a greater proportion of trades rather than sales you do yourself no favours dropping your price, and you suddenly start getting offered overpriced squiers in trade for your dirt cheap custom job. Not good.
So a lot of basses are looking more expensive than they were 6 months ago. Some folk are having trouble adapting to that and make daft posts.

(one day warwicks will be in fashion again! :) )[/quote]

Very sensible post.

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='1210531' date='Apr 25 2011, 12:05 AM']Generally.....

(one day warwicks will be in fashion again! :) )[/quote]

Not a daft post at all - just my opinion based on the price of purchasing one of these brand new (common sense) and giving a bit of friendly advice to somebody who has been trying to sell for a while.

People dont need to get so defensive on behalf of somebody else.

If it sells then its obviously worth the asking price.

Freddie:o)