Why become a member? ×

Jazz

jezzaboy

I wanted a budget Jazz to defret and found this CIJ Noel Redding Signature in Colchester in Feb 99. I don't think it's any different from any other 65 Reissue and Noel Redding isn't a particular favourite of mine, but the association was a nice bonus. I remember seeing a picture of Noel signing a stack of pickguards at the 1997 NAMM, in the old Bassist magazine.

It's a nicely made bass, too nice for me to muck about with, so it's still fretted. I never played it a lot - I think it showed me I'm a Precision sort of person, but it makes all the right Jazz Bass noises and I still think the Jazz is the most elegant design Uncle Leo ever came up with (especially in sunburst/tort.) It's staying with me. 

20200609_110814.jpg

20200609_110532.jpg

20200609_110335.jpg

20200609_110318.jpg

20200609_110250.jpg

20200609_110400.jpg

Edited by WingedWords
Factual correction.
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/06/2020 at 22:06, bassfan said:

A couple of mine.... 

BD88A044-551A-4006-9EA1-3F44F61AA7FD.jpeg

How do you get on with the Flea neck mate ? I know it has a compound radius, larger nut but say compared to a Jazz..do like the shell pink 🤩

9 minutes ago, Dov65 said:

How do you get on with the Flea neck mate ? I know it has a compound radius, larger nut but say compared to a Jazz..do like the shell pink 🤩

I like it a lot. It’s actually a Shuker not a Fender. It’s a c profile neck with a 1.5” nut. I’m a jazz bass man so the neck suits me. 😃👍🏻

• Like 1

Yesterday out of the blue my wee mate sent me a text saying he was on leave from being offshore, he's a keen bass player and got some collection. I know he's had a Flea for sometime but the way things work out we never get a chance to catch up, anyway jokingly i asked if he was up for selling it...and he said yes...so after a belly full of McEwans export the deal was done. The neck is glorious bigger than a Jazz nut but the compound radius doesn't make it feel any bigger, lovely honk from the pup & pre all in very happy. Was saving up for a Spector aswell so it'll have to wait a bit longer

20200621_104114.jpg

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Dov65 said:

Yesterday out of the blue my wee mate sent me a text saying he was on leave from being offshore, he's a keen bass player and got some collection. I know he's had a Flea for sometime but the way things work out we never get a chance to catch up, anyway jokingly i asked if he was up for selling it...and he said yes...so after a belly full of McEwans export the deal was done. The neck is glorious bigger than a Jazz nut but the compound radius doesn't make it feel any bigger, lovely honk from the pup & pre all in very happy. Was saving up for a Spector aswell so it'll have to wait a bit longer

20200621_104114.jpg

That’s a nice looking jazz, what colour is that called Dov 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/06/2020 at 16:48, sshorepunk said:

Some of you probably saw the Sei jazz that was built for Randy hope Taylor, up for sale recently!

its now in my possession and very nice it is! As expected of a Sei, it’s a great bass, sounds and plays really like you would expect! 

Owned a good few Jazz basses in my time, but VT VT is a first for me, do prefer VVT, so that may be first upgrade! 

112FE411-3F55-40E6-AB4B-E68742561067.jpeg

Slight change! 

1D08F19F-2C0E-4242-BD44-412C7EE6106D.jpeg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Buggery bugger somebody beat me to it on Sunday, have a Pro coming instead with the v mod pickups. Update the Standard Jazz coming along for company aswell..need to have a word with meself

Edited by Dov65
  • Like 1

Received this 2015 standard Jazz today and it sounds immense came with a Fender strap and lead all unused so fair happy 🙂 on the other hand the "new" Professional been sent back, it had a ding some marks at the back end a gnarled scratchguard and neck pocket was a Monday morning job & was made in 2017. Eventually the company decided it was a demo model took a bit time mind..but imagine sending a bass out like that eh!!

20200821_124137.jpg

20200818_143620.jpg

20200818_164134.jpg

20200818_164130.jpg

Screenshot_20200818-143603_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah m8, i bought it on Sunday past but somebody beat me to it..then the 1st buyer backed out or something like that and became available again. Everything in the case is minted as is the bass, it's been well looked after for a 5 year old 👍

Yes the first buyer was me, but I found the neck much chunkier thank my US Professional Jazz so my bad fortune is your good fortune. I preferred the sound of the CS pickups in the 2015 to the V-Mods in my Professional but time will tell if I replace them, at present I don’t think I will. 

• Like 1