Why become a member? ×

Jazz

jezzaboy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Now that I've got a decent pair again, decided to get em out...

2011 American Standard Jazz and my newly-acquired 2004 American Deluxe QMT Jazz

Both remind me that no matter how much I am mostly a P or Ray guy these days, I do love a good Jazz.

Still on the hunt for a nice passive model with a rosewood board. Maybe like an American Vintage or something...

20240109_193000.jpg

20240109_193115.jpg

20240109_192917.jpg

20240109_192909.jpg

Edited by basshead56
  • Like 5

22 hours ago, uk_lefty said:

Miami blue US Pro ii. Stunning colour, sounds great too.

IMG_20230625_215310_697.jpg

DSC_9085.jpg

Lovely colour! Is the protective film still on the pickguard and pickups a conscious choice or more of a  "ah yeah that's something I still have to do" kind of thing?

22 minutes ago, BassAgent said:

Lovely colour! Is the protective film still on the pickguard and pickups a conscious choice or more of a  "ah yeah that's something I still have to do" kind of thing?

Haha well I am pretty sure I had the film off the pickups before the gig but it is the kind of thing I'd forget. It only arrived a day or two before that gig. All stickers are well and truly off now, 10 months later.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I bought this '94 jazz off here from Ramsey777 as I was looking for a project. It was originally red and had been converted (very well) to have P pickups. I wanted to add a PJ to the collection but with jazz neck/body, so really glad this came up. 

Stripped the body back and resprayed in Gulf Racing blue. Added a new white pickguard. 

Really happy with the result. Took my time setting it up how I like it and plays and sounds great. 

20240203_112445.thumb.jpg.53d2b7a9114c9a224f4a8093354889a2.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

MIJ Jazz in Maui blue. Arrived yesterday but only got around to testing it out today.

Fit & finish are superb, pickups fine normally I would change them but I’m going to dabble with a Frank Bello pedal and see how it goes with the Geddy settings that are covered in the Bello pedal, *tuners feel fine too* might stick a Hipshot extender on tho. All in very happy…..*famous last words 2 tuners really stiff in turning so looking for a set of HB10’s*

IMG_1424.jpeg

Edited by Dov65
  • Like 6