Why become a member? ×

Jazz

jezzaboy

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a new (to me) Fender USA Professional Jazz. This was one of Lozz196's stable which I spotted he wanted to move on.

It's got Custom Shop 60s pickups (instead of the stock Vmods), a Ki0gon loom and a tort pickguard. It plays and sounds great, I really like the higher and narrower fretwire - it feels very precise.

So far I've done no mods, just added Dunlop straplock buttons. I'm going to have to replace the pickup foams with thicker ones as I can't get the pickups close enough to the strings for my preference. (I've seen other people comment this is an issue with the CS60s, the foam stuck to the brass grounding plates is too thin.)

(My old MIM Jazz has just left to go to it's new owner today, the USA bass is so nice I wouldn't play it.)

IMG_1445.jpg

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1448.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, nilebodgers said:

Just got a new (to me) Fender USA Professional Jazz. This was one of Lozz196's stable which I spotted he wanted to move on.

It's got Custom Shop 60s pickups (instead of the stock Vmods), a Ki0gon loom and a tort pickguard. It plays and sounds great, I really like the higher and narrower fretwire - it feels very precise.

So far I've done no mods, just added Dunlop straplock buttons. I'm going to have to replace the pickup foams with thicker ones as I can't get the pickups close enough to the strings for my preference. (I've seen other people comment this is an issue with the CS60s, the foam stuck to the brass grounding plates is too thin.)

(My old MIM Jazz has just left to go to it's new owner today, the USA bass is so nice I wouldn't play it.)

IMG_1445.jpg

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1448.jpg

Very nice nile , the us jazzes really do feel nice don’t they 

14 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Very nice nile , the us jazzes really do feel nice don’t they 

Yes, they are on a different level. Nothing wrong with the MIM models, but the pro USA is just better. (and lighter if that is  one of the criteria)

On 10/04/2021 at 15:56, nilebodgers said:

IMG_1445.jpg

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1448.jpg

Beautiful Bass. Love Black Jazz with the red PG. I have the American Pro P bass and I love it. I changed the PU's too. I put in the standard P Lindy Fralins. Amazing vintage style PU's.... Is this the Pro 1st version or the 2nd?

1 hour ago, 4&5 String said:

Beautiful Bass. Love Black Jazz with the red PG. I have the American Pro P bass and I love it. I changed the PU's too. I put in the standard P Lindy Fralins. Amazing vintage style PU's.... Is this the Pro 1st version or the 2nd?

1st. It’s what came up for sale at the right time, but I’d have chosen the earlier version anyway to keep the backward compatible neck.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nilebodgers said:

1st. It’s what came up for sale at the right time, but I’d have chosen the earlier version anyway to keep the backward compatible neck.

Yes I have the first. Only difference they cooked the neck and gave an extra bolt to hold the neck. Pickups are different also and Im not crazy about them either. I love the Fralins on mine. A little more expensive than most but worth it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

G&L Fullerton Standard JB and Yamaha JB600. Both excellent basses with first class build quality and finish. The G&L is a stunner in my opinion. Not a great picture to show of the blue sparkle finish, I must take better ones sometime. The neck and fretwork is one of the best of any bass I've owned, I find it a joy to play. 

IMG_1434.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BassAgent said:

Wow, they look great! I honestly thought I'd seen all Yamaha models but have never seen this one. Great looking thing.

I hadn't seen one of these before either. When it came up for sale here I couldn't resist. The off white or cream colour is so cool and the vintage tuners just tops it all off. Its no heavyweight either, lighter than the G&L. Made in Japan in 1984 so build quality is up there with the JV Squiers and the like.  

• 4 weeks later...