Why become a member? ×

Jazz

jezzaboy

Here's my recently acquired '62 RI, in the very tasty Candy Apple Red. Got it here from a fellow-mwmber - he had the stack pots fitted using a complete loom from 920D who do some really fine components. One of 3 Jazzes I have, this one has D'Addario rounds on (the other 2 with flats). It's so shiny and mint I dare not gig with it. I'll get a pic of the other 2 (a 2013 USA Standard and a '99 USA fretless)

62 RI Jazz.jpg

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/09/2019 at 20:44, JMarkD said:

This is my '64 I purchased used as a boy in 1971.  I have shared a very long ride with it and would never part with it.

726883446_IMG_1916JazzBass.thumb.jpg.336d5a6d1e782b8b8ff1fec8e802241f.jpg

How did you manage to look at it long enough to photograph it, and not pick it up?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 13/11/2019 at 19:37, marleaux62 said:

My custom shop jazz faded sonic blue .

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Same run of basses as mine I think!

Mine is more relic, only ten faded sonic blues were made, five for export and five for USA

I have floor rider for mine, they are classed as limited edition due to a fret board wood problem. One hundred bases had the necks changed and became that particular limited edition series

I'm sure that's all the right facts behind those basses, all based on snippets of info of forums and some info from Fender CS

Tony 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Creeper said:

1972, all original Jazz bass, was Olympic white which has faded to a rather beautiful buttermilk colour, she’s had a tough old life but she’s been getting plenty of love from me over the last couple of years...

That is cool, I especially like the wear on the fretboard, so much character in that bass ☝️

2 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

That is cool, I especially like the wear on the fretboard, so much character in that bass ☝️

She’s a beauty, only gets flats on her these days, need to look after those 47 year old frets!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My pair, the red one (midnight wine technically) has been my main bass for about 15 years now. It's an MIM body with as far as i remember a WD music neck, its a fair bit chunkier than a standard jazz neck, more like P Bass.  In its current configuration It's got EMG JVX pickups and a J-Retro. To me it sounds amazing and although I've had a few dozen Basses over the years it is always the one I come back to, just feels like home.  

The other is Squier deluxe active 5 that i defretted not long after i got it,  currently awaiting some epoxy to redo the fret board.  fitted EMG pickups to this as well, they were originally in the red one,  the original pickups were horrible. Plays well and has plenty of mwah to it.

the fecker.jpg

feckless.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Restrung my Jazz today with DR Sunbeams, and I honestly fell in love with the sound of them immediately. Had DR Hi-Beams previously, but always felt they lacked a bit of mids. The Sunbeams have a lot more vintage sort of sound, which works suprisingly well with the more modern Fender pickups in the Player series.

On the other hand, I now have a mad desire to get a P Bass and string it with some La Bellas...

Some of you probably saw the Sei jazz that was built for Randy hope Taylor, up for sale recently!

its now in my possession and very nice it is! As expected of a Sei, it’s a great bass, sounds and plays really like you would expect! 

Owned a good few Jazz basses in my time, but VT VT is a first for me, do prefer VVT, so that may be first upgrade! 

112FE411-3F55-40E6-AB4B-E68742561067.jpeg

Edited by sshorepunk
  • Like 4